Event dates for "The big one"

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Mark Poos
Vintage Karting items owned: Bug , Dart, margay expert
User Agreement: Yes

Event dates for "The big one"

Post by Mark Poos » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:07 pm

Need information regarding the big one in Ohio. Event dates, registration, location. Need to plan my trip. Thank you very much in advance mark

ted johnson

Re: Event dates for "The big one"

Post by ted johnson » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:24 pm

Address: 708 Bartson Rd, Fremont, OH 43420
Phone: (419) 217-5995

Two days before Labor Day. Looks like Aug. 31, Sept. 1, 2019. Register and pay at the track. You can enter on Friday, but no running until Saturday. No racing-just running and eating. Sat. nite banquet, the fun auctions Sunday, drawings also. Lots for sale there. Google earth it with above address. TJ

Mark Poos
Vintage Karting items owned: Bug , Dart, margay expert

Post by Mark Poos » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:40 pm

Thanks Ted. are you attending this year buddy.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:55 am

No, health and money. I won't be going back. Rob and Bob put on a great casual event. It's a lot of fun. TJ

Timothy Klatte
Vintage Karting items owned: Simplex Challenger Mk4

Post by Timothy Klatte » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:02 am

Is there a special class for Clinton Panther karts? I'm still in the process of putting one together. But I also have a West Bend 580.......

REAR

Post by REAR » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:11 am

Tim,

If you bring a Clinton or WB 580 kart you will be in good company. Bring what you got.

R.E.A.R.

Terry Sullivan
Vintage Karting items owned: 4 Bugs, including the Wasp bought by my Dad in 1959. Many Clintons and a few Macs

Post by Terry Sullivan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:29 am

Tim,

Clintons are usually well represented.
There are no 'classes', we just try to get out there at the same time and scoot around.
Yell if you need parts.

terry

Frank Payne
Vintage Karting items owned: lots a karts and engines

Post by Frank Payne » Thu May 09, 2019 9:44 pm

I’m really glad to hear there is going to be another Big One in 2019. Last year I fully intended to attend but last minute events stopped me. I’m going to try again this year. I have a 66 Rupp Chaparral with an alcohol dual carb Mc75 from Paul Booth I’m dying to try. I only went once but Bob and Rob put on the absolute best event I’ve ever been to. Everybody was great, the parts for sale were amazing and the Racing was great. These guys really know how to treat people. I don’t know how they provide so much for so little but they do. So thanks guys and I hope to see you all this year!! Frank Payne

REAR

Post by REAR » Sat May 11, 2019 8:36 am

Frank,

Thanks so much for the props.

Its great to hear that your going to return and were looking forward to seeing your kart which will most likely be another of your show stoppers.

Our deal has remained steadfast with the 'run em like they ran em' format so rest assured your machine will fit right in and as you know you'll be able to witness what old go karts actually ran and looked like.

You might want to throw a little Bender or Clinton powered rig in your trailer. Theres a lot of rumors floating around about these things.....just sayin. :P

R.E.A.R.