Help Identifying McCulloch Concession Kart

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Mark Taylor
Vintage Karting items owned: McCulloch R300 (I Think)
User Agreement: Yes

Help Identifying McCulloch Concession Kart

Post by Mark Taylor » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:16 pm

Update: Thanks to Ted Johnson, it is probably a McCulloch concession kart. This explains why there isn't much information on it. Does anyone have any information or pictures of McCullock concession karts?

Thanks, Mark

I am not a vintage kart guy, but believe this is a McCulloch Kart. It has the steering locks like an R300, but I cannot find anything else like it.

This kart is in pretty rough shape, but it is also really interesting. I believe the only modifications are the bumper welded onto the front, and probably the right engine mount for the Briggs engine.

The front end has extended tubing and factory tabs (where the kooky bumper is welded). The amount of tubing and workmanship used on the front end is wild. This amount of work was obviously for some purpose.

The rear engine mounts are also pretty wacky with triangular ends. However, I did find a picture of another McCulloch kart that had these, so the trianglular ends are maybe just a design element.

This was a factory build, so something was supposed to be attached to the front end and maybe the rear (bumpers, body, cowl,???).

Anyway, I am thinking of restoring it, and any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mark
Attachments
Unknown Kart 7.jpg
The front end has lots of tubes and welds.
Unknown Kart 5.jpg
The engine mounts have unusual triangle ends.
Unknown Kart 2.jpg
It has McCulloch Pedals that appear to have been painted black (1963?).
Unknown Kart 1.jpg
I have not been able to find any kart with a similar tubing design.
Last edited by Mark Taylor on Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ted johnson

Re: Help Identifying McCulloch Kart - R300 Variant?

Post by ted johnson » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:51 am

It's a McCulloch concession kart, missing some front/rear bumpers. Maybe a "C2" model. Most vintage guys don't care much about concession karts, so the model No. may be wrong. TJ

Mark Taylor
Vintage Karting items owned: McCulloch R300 (I Think)
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Help Identifying McCulloch Kart - R300 Variant?

Post by Mark Taylor » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:40 pm

Thank you! That makes sense; the front end is really beefed up for crashing into things. I didn't even know that McCulloch made concession karts. Thanks Again, Mark

ted johnson

Re: Help Identifying McCulloch Concession Kart

Post by ted johnson » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:35 pm

Truth is, most of the majors built concession karts. I even sold a number of Bug concession machines to a rental track in Brevard Co., Florida. They were abused and usually minimally maintained by unskilled mechanics, and there aren't many left. TJ