Nike Zeus repop

Moderator: Rob Voska

Forum rules
Items listed for sale should be appropriate for the audience of this forum - think before you post! Listings will be auto-pruned after 30 days (expired - deleted).
ted johnson

Nike Zeus repop

Post by ted johnson » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:46 am

nike_z_28.JPG
nike_z_28.JPG (124.89 KiB) Viewed 5806 times
nike_z_26.JPG
nike_z_26.JPG (125.07 KiB) Viewed 5808 times
If anybody is interested in a most unusual vintage REAR engine kart, my Pro/Engineer CAD designed '63 Nike Zeus is for sale. It is all 4130 tubing with the steering wheel raised and pushed forward from stock Nike position for the larger driver. Weld jigged by Ron and me, welded by the great Ben Herr. Stock port Chrysler/Libberton 610 boost port engine with a V-12 manifold and dual alky HL250 carbs by Hank Rotroff. A GEM open header on the engine. 4" Series I magnesium wheels all four corners. One of the late Paul Bennett's Dyna Drive gearboxes with the oil clutch housing I designed along with Ron Cubel. Ron did the machining. A very good Rev Grip clutch with better springs inside. This is a sweet driving kart. It's been at Fremont several times, but not with the current engine. Gold powder coat is still nice, but with a few scratches. The 610 has less than three total hours of run time since new. The kart handles well, and the Libberton runs about like a good stock '91. I can't ship, so you'd have to come to Arizona and pick it up. $2800 is a firm price and worth it. No negotiation. If anyone is SERIOUS, I will get better pix.
nike_z_26.JPG
nike_z_26.JPG (125.07 KiB) Viewed 5808 times
Ted Johnson