McCulloch 101 M/C? For Sale

Moderator: Rob Voska

Forum rules
Items listed for sale should be appropriate for the audience of this forum - think before you post! Listings will be auto-pruned after 30 days (expired - deleted).
Terry Presley
Vintage Karting items owned: none
User Agreement: Yes

McCulloch 101 M/C? For Sale

Post by Terry Presley » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:37 pm

A club I belong to recently inherited what I believe to be a 101 M/C. It was included as part of an ultralight sailplane kit from the late 70's that was never built or even started. The engine is also believed to be brand new and to have never been started either. It is complete except for an exhaust system. The engine was stored with the piston at TDC. The piston and rings look perfect with no wear marks or scoring. The cylinder walls opposite the exhaust port are perfect with the cross hatch pattern still there. The engine turns freely with the exception of the compression stroke of course. The exposed crankshaft is rusty but it appears to mostly surface rust with some minimal pitting I expect. I have not cleaned the crank because I wanted to show the original condition of the engine the way it was found. Now for the big questions. Is it what I think it is and what is it worth. We have no use for it and the club would like to sell it. Thanks for looking, Terry Presley (423) 987- for-too-for-tree
IMG_2901.jpg
The attachment IMG_2907.jpg is no longer available
The attachment IMG_2905.jpg is no longer available
The attachment IMG_2903.jpg is no longer available
The attachment IMG_2901.jpg is no longer available

Terry Presley

Re: McCulloch 101 M/C? For Sale

Post by Terry Presley » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:41 pm

I'm not sure why the other pics don't show but I have more if you are interested. Call or email me and I can send them to you. Thanks, Terry

REAR

Post by REAR » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:47 am

Terry,

Sounds like you have a 101 series engine which are very desirable.

Best bet for you personally is to put it on Ebay. Beware of personal phone calls making offers unless you know the party your talking to.

R.E.A.R.

Terry Presley

Post by Terry Presley » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:01 am

Thanks for the response. You are so right about dealing with folks on eBay or Craigslist. That's also one of the reasons I put it out here first because I have found that "specialty" forums like this usually have members who are more easy and trustworthy to deal with. Thanks again, Terry