Clinton engine for sale

Moderator: Rob Voska

Forum rules
Items listed for sale should be appropriate for the audience of this forum - think before you post! Listings will be auto-pruned after 30 days (expired - deleted).
l brown

Clinton engine for sale

Post by l brown » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Completly new inside : piston, clintonized rod, crank, bearings, rings, seals, and Tillotson carb mounted with needles up. Custom megaphone header, new Max Torque inboard drive clutch. Only 10 - 15 minutes of kart stand break in time. Might make the perfect engine for the upcoming Clinton / Mc - 10 challenge.
Please P.M. me for details..................

Thanks,
Larry Brown

Rob Voska

Re: Clinton engine for sale

Post by Rob Voska » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:25 am

What is a "clintonized rod"?

l brown

Post by l brown » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:08 am

Rob - I will have to defer to Terry Sullivan. He sold me all the parts, and the and my understanding is that the " Clintonized " is a better and more durable rod than the stock rod. Maybe Terry can exlpain it if he sees this post.
I don't even remember now, but I think there were some visible or dimensional differences. Terry is the Clinton guru, so I take whatever he says as the gospel.

- Larry -

Terry Sullivan
Vintage Karting items owned: 4 Bugs, including the Wasp bought by my Dad in 1959. Many Clintons and a few Macs
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Terry Sullivan » Sun May 21, 2017 8:54 am

Tried to add an attachment, but got a message about the board's quota being reached.

The Clintonized rod was beefier and had a coating applied for better bearing wear.
The earlier rod was prone to break at 'high' RPM.

Terry Sullivan
Vintage Karting items owned: 4 Bugs, including the Wasp bought by my Dad in 1959. Many Clintons and a few Macs
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Terry Sullivan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:40 pm

I can email a copy of the Clintonized Rod document if anyone is interested.
Shoot me a PM