1962 repop Swoopster relist

Moderator: Rob Voska

Forum rules
Items listed for sale should be appropriate for the audience of this forum - think before you post! Listings will be auto-pruned after 30 days (expired - deleted).
ted johnson

1962 repop Swoopster relist

Post by ted johnson » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:31 pm

Relisted for sale: 1962 Swoopster Bandit replica. Reverse-engineered from an original Bandit, and designed on Pro/Engineer Wildfire 3 CAD software. Chassis is all chrome moly tubing. 2-1/2 years in construction, and is a nearly perfect reproduction of this very rare kart. We built two karts, and there will be no further copies made by us. ASW Engineering replica Go Power wheels, Greg Gouviea replica fuel tank, Airheart 150 hydraulic disc brake. Stainless spoke Covico steering wheel. New design 10 tooth Max Torque clutch with less than one hour on it. The kart won a "Biggie" award at the 2009 "The Big One" event at Fremont, OH. Anyone who has seen this kart will attest to its quality. Candy Purple powder coat with extra flake in the top coat. Engine is an original Mc101, Siamese ported and .004 oversize. It's disguised to look like an Mc20 It has less than 2 hours since complete rebuild. Carbs are rebuilt/rechromed alky modified flatback Mac units on a Hovey manifold modified to feed the boost-port engine. Reeds are carbon fiber. Reed muffler, and a modified Palmini header is included. Fuel it, oil the chain, adjust the carbs and GO! $3000.00 FIRM, PICKED UP HERE IN AZ, or buyer makes ALL shipping/crating arrangements. I will sell it as a roller, less engine, but with special side mount plate for a Mac engine. I'll include a new style 10T Max Torque for a RH thread Mac that has less than 2 hours time on it. Jim Donovan can supply a nut for a LH thread Mac. $2500 firm, PICKED UP HERE. In case the buyer wants to run his own West Bend 610 or 820 instead of a Mac, I have a CAD DXF file ready for the buyer to have a special side mount plate water jet or laser cut at his own expense. DXF file goes with the kart. This mount plate would have to be cut out, finish sanded, finish drilled and countersunk for the West Bend mount screws, and there must be mill work done to accomodate the chain guard. This mount plate was designed to run dual HL carbs in a stuffer manifold. I don't know if a GEM V-12 with HL's would clear the seatback tube or not. It'd be a close one. I could do a CAD study if anyone is serious about buying the kart. Otherwise, I won't spend the CAD time. PM me if seriously interested. I will email pictures. Ted Johnson
Attachments
throttle 004.jpg

REAR

Re: 1962 repop Swoopster relist

Post by REAR » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:03 pm

If anybody is looking for a SUPER COOL immaculate kart this is one you have to consider and can buy with confidence that it is well built and structuraly sound.

R.E.A.R.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:23 pm

Thanks, guys. Just thought somebody might want to use their own engine. TJ

Ronald Carbaugh
Vintage Karting items owned: Xterminator
Mak Kart
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Ronald Carbaugh » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:57 pm

Ted your Karts and engines are always so nice and your recall of the History of Karting is priceless. I wish I had room, but I have no more room.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:45 pm

Thank you for the kind words, Ron. I'd thought I might get this last Libberton 610 "Bonbrighted" and put on the Swoopster, but the cash just isn't there. Ive reached the conclusion that I can do Fremont each year, and our little Tucson get together twice a year, so I really don't need a second kart. I hope to see you over this way again soon. Ron and Sue are running the Birel/World Formula at Firebird this weekend. Have a good one! Ted

REAR

Post by REAR » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:28 pm

Ron,

If you looking for some shop space you can always send a race ready Penton Berkshire over my way. I'd be more then happy to store it for you and of course run it every so often just to keep it in tune. LOL.

Bob

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:31 pm

RON! Don't let Bob anywhere near that beast-you'll never see it again! Ted

Ronald Carbaugh
Vintage Karting items owned: Xterminator
Mak Kart
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Ronald Carbaugh » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:47 am

Bob I just finished a 1973 Monark 125 last night. They are beautiful bikes..... You are right Ted.

REAR

Post by REAR » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:11 pm

Ron,

Love the Monark's also and I'm sure yours is a real beauty, If you get some pictures please feel free to send some my way . The early 70's were sure a great time period for small bore MXers.

Now somebody buy Ted's Swoopster but make sure you bring it to THE BIG ONE so everybody can get another look at her.

Bob

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:57 am

If it's still here next TBO, I'll put the West Bend on and bring her myself. Ted