Wanted - 4" steel wheel - general tire

Moderator: Rob Voska

Forum rules
Items listed for sale should be appropriate for the audience of this forum - think before you post! Listings will be auto-pruned after 30 days (expired - deleted).
jeff sullivan
Vintage Karting items owned: 1958 Bug clone
User Agreement: Yes

Wanted - 4" steel wheel - general tire

Post by jeff sullivan » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:19 am

I have three of these wheels. Need a matching fourth. They are for the Bilbrook that was raffled off at TBO this year. They are general tire brand wheels. Otherwise I would be interested in four similar matching wheels...one with a sprocket. These take 1/38" dia bearings each side.
Attachments
photo.JPG

ted johnson

Re: Wanted - 4" steel wheel - general tire

Post by ted johnson » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:09 pm

Jeff, these are pretty rare. You may need to do some adaptation and use a different brand of wheel such as a Dico. You may end up with 3/4" roller bearings, and sleeving them down to fit your axle, if its a 5/8" diameter. Steel wheels, some with sprockets, come up on eBay fairly often. You may go look around at http://www.azusaeng.com and you might find something adaptable. Even a pair of Azusa Tri Stars with the sprocket adapter might work. You might go this route while you continue to search for the correct wheel. If you go this route, you'll have to use the 5: wheel and get a pair of treaded 5" tires. Also go into the www.vintagekarts.com forum. You might PM Steve Miller. He has a lot of early stuff. Ted

Chris Marchand
Vintage Karting items owned: to daggone many

Post by Chris Marchand » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:14 pm

Jeff, Does the 4th wheel exist and is damaged ?

Terry Sullivan
Vintage Karting items owned: 4 Bugs, including the Wasp bought by my Dad in 1959. Many Clintons and a few Macs

Post by Terry Sullivan » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:33 pm

Chris,

Chuck came up with the missing 4th wheel for Jeff!