WTB Rear mounting Bracket for Master Cylinder and caliper

Moderator: Rob Voska

Forum rules
Items listed for sale should be appropriate for the audience of this forum - think before you post! Listings will be auto-pruned after 30 days (expired - deleted).
Mark Cermak
Vintage Karting items owned: 4 Rupp Chaparrals, 6 Simplex's, Chevy Monza Jr., 1969 Blackhawk Poison Arrow
User Agreement: Yes

WTB Rear mounting Bracket for Master Cylinder and caliper

Post by Mark Cermak » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:50 am

I am looking for the rear mounting bracket to mount a Hurst brake master cylinder and caliper both to the rear axle assembly. I have West bend, Simplex or Rupp Kart parts to trade or will pay cash. Thanks. You can email: markcer@ameritech.net or PM, or post reply.

Thanks

kevin brown
Vintage Karting items owned: 64 Dart Kart
61 GK 800

Re: WTB Rear mounting Bracket for Master Cylinder and caliper

Post by kevin brown » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:42 am

Mark,
Greg Gouveia makes them .http://www.gregsspeedshop.com/

Universal Billet Aluminum Caliper Hanger
Stop your brake problems now with this universal billet aluminum caliper hanger. Mounts to any vintage kart axle assembly that has 2 or 3 hole bearing cassettes. This easy to use mounting plate will accept "Airheart" 150 & 175 series brake caliper.
$39.95

If you want to make one check this out:
go to http://www.rearenginekarts.com/index.htm ( REAR Home) click on Tech Articles scroll down to hurst airheart brake project

Good Luck,
Kevin

Mark Cermak
Vintage Karting items owned: 4 Rupp Chaparrals, 6 Simplex's, Chevy Monza Jr., 1969 Blackhawk Poison Arrow

Post by Mark Cermak » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Kevin,

Thanks for the lead, but those mounting brackets are not for rear mounting the master cylinder and the caliper on the rear, just the caliper. The bracket I need resembles an arrow shape. Thanks

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Mark, look on the home page here. There are prints for making or having someone else make these brackets in various styles. I did them on Pro/Engineer for Jeff Campbell some years ago. For a small fee, I can provide .DXF files you can send to a water jet or laser shop and have them cut. Jeff glued a print onto his stock and cut his out himself. Ted J.

Mark Cermak

Post by Mark Cermak » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi Ted,

Thaks so much for your response and I saw the detailed drawings right here. I just don't know anyone who does this or cannot make one myself or know where to get the billit aluminum to have one made. I was hoping someone here might have one or knew someone who had one that they were willing to part with. I will certainly pay a pretty good price to get one of these.... Or I have some nice parts they might need. I do have a NOS dual caliper mounting bracket if someone needs that one, I just need this bracket that holds the master cylinder and caliper and it is pointed in shape on the master cylinder side.

Thanks

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Friend at TBO had a complete new in the box Airheart bolt on system complete with bracket, caliper, disc, master cylinder. PM me for his # if interested.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Mark, just about any metals shop in the Yellow Pages ought to have a piece of 6061-T6 aluminum plate big enough to make the bracket. If you have a bandsaw, you can cut the outline. A hole saw will cut the large axle hole. If you have no access to a bandsaw most cities have a water jet outfit, and they can work from an eMailed .DXF CAD file that is easily gotten from me. The shop I use in Albuquerque, Waterjet Cutting, Inc., will supply the metal, and will mail you the finished article. All you need do is sand the water jet cut edges to make it smooth. TJ

Mark Cermak

Post by Mark Cermak » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Hey Ted,

Can you send me a PM so we can discuss this in more detail? or at markcer@ameritech.net

Thanks for your help,
Mark

Tom Smith
Vintage Karting items owned: 1960/61 Go Kart 800 Konig FA
1961 Max-Torque Special triple
1962 Max-Torque Special dual

Post by Tom Smith » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:21 pm

I saw some new cast aluminum Airheart caliper/MC mounts at Terry Ives shop a couple weeks ago. I think they were for the standard diameter disc.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:20 am

Mark, I sent you an email with the PDF for the Reed single caliper/MC bracket. If you want the .DXF CAD file, or if you want Waterjet Cutting, Inc. in Albuquerque to cut one for you, let me know. I have no affilliation with Waterjet, but I use them a lot, and they're VERY good at what they do. They are a major supplier to Sandia National Laboratories, and a number of other industries in New Mexico. Remember, I can CAD model just about any mechanical part or assembly you can possibly need in Pro/E Wildfire 4. Ted