Wtb complete rupp kart for restoration

Moderator: Rob Voska

Forum rules
Items listed for sale should be appropriate for the audience of this forum - think before you post! Listings will be auto-pruned after 30 days (expired - deleted).
Mike bell
Vintage Karting items owned: None yet
User Agreement: Yes

Wtb complete rupp kart for restoration

Post by Mike bell » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm looking for a complete as possible kart for restoration.I'm new to the site and am absorbing all your thoughts and ideas and experience(thanks). I'm near Ann arbor,Michigan .Thanks! Mike :mrgreen:

Rob Voska

Re: Wtb complete rupp kart for restoration

Post by Rob Voska » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:24 pm

I have a Kavilla in nice condition. Send me a PM if interested. My contact info is under contacts.

Dominic Salvato
Vintage Karting items owned: Caretta's, Darts, Lancers, Bug, Cates, Customs, Margay

Post by Dominic Salvato » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:54 pm

hayescagesllc@hotmail.com A buddy has this for sale......

Mike bell
Vintage Karting items owned: None yet

Post by Mike bell » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:41 pm

I will consider any make of kart but I remember the rupps as a kid. Thanks for any leads !

Bob Towarnicki
Vintage Karting items owned: 65 Alley Kat Mc91
Narrow Hoop A Bone Mc91B
Various restoration projects

Post by Bob Towarnicki » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Mike,
RobRon will sell you a new Dart Kart and the price isn't bad when you consider the cost to "restore". He is listed in the Parts and Resources Section of this web site.

I do have a narrow hoop A-bone that I restored for my daughter about 5 years ago. It was built to run, it is not a show quality restoration. It probably has about one hour total run time. I would consider selling it. It has Rupp Turbine wheels, Cheng Shin narrow 3.40x3.00 - 5 front tires and 4.10x3.50 - 5 rear tires, an Azusa steering wheel, RobRon pedals, upholstery and steering linkage, and all new bearings in the front wheels and rear axle hangers. It has a Chilton tank that is painted grey and needs to be redone as gas has discolored it. The frame is powder coated a light blue. The kart has a Margay Gear box and a Mc 91 series engine (not sure of the actual model), Horstman muffler and a vintage Rev Grip Margay clutch. Your choice of a Tillotson HR gas carb or BDC 24 alky carb on a Mc manifold. You could run it tomorrow. I will sell the whole package and throw in a starter stand that only needs a battery to function for $2,200. I will also sell the Kart as a roller, without the gear box and engine, substituting a Rupp chrome floating engine mount with new bearings and a new Azusa sprocket hub for $1100.00. The kart is located in Eastern PA.

Regards,Bob