1965 Taco 99 REPLICA with 820 WB

Moderator: Rob Voska

Forum rules
Items listed for sale should be appropriate for the audience of this forum - think before you post! Listings will be auto-pruned after 30 days (expired - deleted).
joelwey

1965 Taco 99 REPLICA with 820 WB

Post by joelwey » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Based on a '65' Taco 99 bolt together minibike with the West Bend 820 series engine. This mini was built with thicker tubing(.093") instead of the thinner wall tubing.This is the same thickness as the forks. Has the one sided adjustable jackshaft,Mercury clutch(OEM for the 820 models,engages at 4500 rpm)new sprockets and chain,and a 1 qt chrome tank that has not had gas in it.............yet. Engine has stock porting,new bearings and gaskets/seals,also has a 'GEM' rear stuffer on it. The rear shocks are some of our 'replicas'as are the front springs and lowers. I had Kent Carlson of Taco Replica fame bend up the pieces,then I welded them up using a TIG welder. Last pieces of interest are the Go-Power wheels and brake set-up. Mark Franzen in Oregon was involved in helping out with some pieces to complete this set-up.It came out nicely and works without any binding/dragging. I added a kill button on the left handlebar............wouldn't want to be without it,this engine is very powerful. Runs on gas and oil,you won't be disappointed. Color is an irridescent dark blue,with very fine gold sparkle.
Price is $1800 + $100 ship and insurance. Pm me for more info/pix
Attachments
MVC-005F.JPG
(112.59 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
MVC-004F.JPG
(120.08 KiB) Downloaded 317 times