Selling the inventory of vintagekartshop.com

Moderator: Rob Voska

Forum rules
Items listed for sale should be appropriate for the audience of this forum - think before you post! Listings will be auto-pruned after 30 days (expired - deleted).
Robbin Loois
Vintage Karting items owned: See www.vintagekartshop and www.vintagekartcollection.com

Selling the inventory of vintagekartshop.com

Post by Robbin Loois » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:49 pm

Dear vintage kart enthusiast,

Due to the start of a new kart project in EU, I unfortunately do not have the time to maintain http://www.vintagekartshop.com. Therefor I would like to sell it in one go or in separate lots.

I would appreciate your view/comment/remarks on this matter!!!!
Or propositions for a approach! I am thinking of eBay or a buyer finders fee.

PS most of our parts are on our website http://www.vintagekartshop.com

Please contact me at this forum or:
- robbin@vintagekartshop.com
- robbin_loois@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Robbin
Last edited by Robbin Loois on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

david a luciani
Vintage Karting items owned: gk800 -r1 -gilson excalibar -rupp concept dual,concept,Cheetah ll, panther -Bug
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Selling the inventory of vintagekartshop.com

Post by david a luciani » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:30 pm

hi robbin,
sad to hear you're moving on.
easiest way to sell off inventory would be to ditch the high shipping rates and cut the prices 20%.
we are aware of your shop but the best is gone and what remains is too high with shipping to bother with.
the karts i'd just put up on ebay and let the market decide.
your old friend
dave 8-)

Robbin Loois
Vintage Karting items owned: See www.vintagekartshop and www.vintagekartcollection.com

Post by Robbin Loois » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your fast reply! Hope you are doing well.

I agree, when selling in lots I will not charge shipping nor handling cost.

The problem is I do not have the time/capacity to sell all separately on eBay or modify our website.
I could leave it as it is now, but I do think this collection could make someone happy.
It will be even possible to make some money on the side and at the same time doing something you like.

What about if you, or someone at this forum finds a buyer and will receive a fee for it?
what would be a reasonable fee?

Thanks,

Robbin

Dominic Salvato
Vintage Karting items owned: Caretta's, Darts, Lancers, Bug, Cates, Customs, Margay
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Dominic Salvato » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:44 pm

What is a reasonable price? The Cates and Caretta's are kinda ruff but demand a high price. I've purchased parts from your store and was very happy with the items.
I'm finding the hardest part of restoring is finding that last half wheel or that last small part to make it complete.
You might maximize your sale price by parting out your kart inventory.