CAD service for karters

Moderator: Rob Voska

Forum rules
Items listed for sale should be appropriate for the audience of this forum - think before you post! Listings will be auto-pruned after 30 days (expired - deleted).
ted johnson

CAD service for karters

Post by ted johnson » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:27 pm

I've very recently set up a dedicated computer to run Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4 CAD. I will provide design/drafting files for our karting friends. 3D machined or flat parts will be provided as you desire. I can make drawing or solid model files for machined pieces, or provide .DXF files by email or on CD for flat parts to be water jet or laser cut by the customer. I can also have flat parts water jet cut here in Albuquerque for reasonable cost. I use a very good water jet company and they can cut gaskets, reeds or flat metal parts from my files (gaskets come out like die cut). I will work from old parts or from completely dimensioned hand sketches. I've been using Pro/E since 1999, and also have 11 years prior to that on high-end CAD systems such as Unigraphics and Intergraph IEMS. I've been in design and drafting since 1966, and have worked at Kennedy Space Center, the SuperConducting Super Collider, commercial industry and, most recently, at Sandia National Laboratories on satellites. You can PM me thru REAR, or call me at 505 869-6233 from 8:00 A.M. till 4:00 P.M. Mountain time. If I don't answer, I live alone and may be out running parts. Try again, and you'll get me. Thanks. Ted Johnson
Last edited by Rob Voska on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Help Ted get noticed. 20 day limit. He will send in a Parts & Rousourses ad.

david a luciani
Vintage Karting items owned: gk800 -r1 -gilson excalibar -rupp concept dual,concept,Cheetah ll, panther -Bug
User Agreement: Yes

Re: CAD service for karters

Post by david a luciani » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:53 pm

very cool ted.
dave 8-)

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:50 am

Thank you, Dave! I'm not trying to go into full time business, just occupy some time, help our friends and make a bit of supplement to Social Security! ;) TJ

VirgLove

Post by VirgLove » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:14 am

Ted,

Can you do Airheart Master Cylinder Gaskets?

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:31 am

Hi, Virg. I don't see any reason we can't do the Airheart M/C gaskets, if we have a good pattern to measure. Are you referring to the cover gasket? I'm not sure what material Airheart used, but I imagine an ordinary 1/32" gasket material would serve. I don't have a loose gasket here. Do you have one? Ted

Gordon Duax
Vintage Karting items owned: Lots!

Post by Gordon Duax » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:56 pm

Ted, do up a billet replacement for the Go Power 6 pettal reed cage !
Damn those things are expensive :shock:

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Gordon, I can do that. The inside would not be a hexagon, as it'd be way cheaper to machine with a female cone. It would be very expensive to machine the reed faces so that there were the little indexers to align the reeds while tightening the screws. If the guys could just align them by eye as the screw is tightened, it would be easy to machine, except the square inside corners on the reed openings. If the guys wanted to hand finish the opening corners, it'd save a lot of cost machining. I don't have direct access to a machine shop, so I don't know how much the machining would cost. It'd probably be cheaper to get Vince to get them cast! Anyhow, I can easily make a CAD model and machining drawing, but it'd take several hours at $25/Hr. If at least 20 guys wanted to buy the PDF file and have them cut, it'd be worth it.