Pile of Stuff in RI .... Cheap!

Moderator: Rob Voska

Forum rules
Items listed for sale should be appropriate for the audience of this forum - think before you post! Listings will be auto-pruned after 30 days (expired - deleted).
Jeff Campbell
Site Admin
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Fox Go-Boy MC20's
Robron Chaparral dual MC101
Margay Cheetah MKIII

Pile of Stuff in RI .... Cheap!

Post by Jeff Campbell » Sun May 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Just saw this pop up on Craigslist in RI, a ton of stuff, several karts, a long list of motors, etc... for only $3000.

Bob Towarnicki
Vintage Karting items owned: 65 Alley Kat Mc91
Narrow Hoop A Bone Mc91B
Various restoration projects
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Pile of Stuff in RI .... Cheap!

Post by Bob Towarnicki » Mon May 17, 2010 9:10 am

Well guys I did the 10 hour round trip and bought it all. It is a pile of stuff. I am going through it to figure out what is here. Most of the motors are apart. There are four 91 series assembled and seem to be ready to run. I will figure that out as time permits. I intend to sell off some of it as well as some of my other vintage stuff. I am sending a second child off to college and work has been lacking in this fine economy. One of the 2 karts in this group needs to go. One is a Rupp A-Bone with a Margay gear box. The other is, I am told, an early Robron A-Bone with an extended porch and a Chilton chrome tank. The porch and front bumper look factory. Both karts have Margay hubs and wheels, Carlisle Super Slicks in the rear and Cheng Shin fronts. If you are interested in one of them send me a PM and I'll forward pictures. Other prime items I need to sell include 2 NOS Mc 70s. These are beautiful, never run, tags still on them. Chromed dual carbs from the factory. I paid a lot for them a few years ago (>$4500) and would like to recover my investment in them. I had dreamed of mounting them on an R1 I am restoring but think that is a luxury I can't afford today. I also have a NOS Mc93 and a NOS 101MC I would like to sell as well as some projects I am not going to get to: a Bug Wasp frame, restorable but needs the front axle replaced and a crack repaired has original upholstery in good condition; an A-Bone frame with new rear bearing hangers and rear bumper poorly welded; and an early Alley Kat with some rear end support added. Travelling around the north east I also picked up the nice Lancer that Dave Luciani posted on this site located near him. It is nice and I was going to clean it up and run as is. I think it is too nice to restore. I will likely start listing items on EBAY as time allows but would be happy to sell directly and avoid the hassles and the fees. If you are interested in anything send me a PM. Thanks, Bob

Chris Marchand
Vintage Karting items owned: to daggone many

Post by Chris Marchand » Tue May 18, 2010 10:06 am

Bob, E mail sent, Thx Chris

Bob Towarnicki
Narrow Hoop A Bone Mc91B

Post by Bob Towarnicki » Mon May 24, 2010 8:45 am

I just listed the Lancer Kart with a Mc91B1 on EBAY. I cleaned the BDC14 carb and put a new duckbill in and the Kart started right up and runs great. Some of the other items I will be listing are pictured here. If interested PM me and we can avoid EBAY. Thanks, Bob
Lancer c1.jpg
(159.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Attachments
Mc70-1.jpg
(89.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Super A Bone C6.jpg
(149.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Bob Towarnicki
Narrow Hoop A Bone Mc91B

Post by Bob Towarnicki » Mon May 24, 2010 8:47 am

Forgot to mention. I will deliver anything I am selling to The Big One if you want. Bob

Russ Smith
Vintage Karting items owned: 59 BugWasp; 60 GoKart800; Simplex: 60 MKII, 62 MKVI; 69 BugStinger; 67 LilIndian Minibike.

Post by Russ Smith » Mon May 24, 2010 11:38 am

Just curious..........was the seller either Bill Rice of Mike Brassard?

Bob Towarnicki
Narrow Hoop A Bone Mc91B

Post by Bob Towarnicki » Mon May 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Russ,
No. The large lot came from a guy named George and he told me he stopped running them about 5 years ago. His group would meet and run in parking lots in RI after a local track (I think he said Cuddybackville)discontinued the vintage class they were running. The Lancer was a different guy who recently picked it up and then decided he didn't want it.
Bob

david a luciani
Vintage Karting items owned: gk800 -r1 -gilson excalibar -rupp concept dual,concept,Cheetah ll, panther -Bug

Post by david a luciani » Tue May 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Russ,
Bill still lurks occasionally.
he suggested a vintage kart swap meet at his house a bit ago.
he's pretty busy with kids right now and as usual threatens to sell out everything but still hasn't.

the guy who did sell out used to race with Chris and company and had offered his stash to Chris.
i'm a little sad that Chris didn't give me a shout when he knew and passed on it as i missed buying by hours.
i was polite and waited till an hour other than 2.30 a.m. which was when i got home from work and read my emails.
as a result i was second in line as if the first wouldn't buy.
still as long as the stuff gets out there for a fair price , not huge profits i don't mind.
dave 8-)