a limited run of GO Power wheels is coming in soon!!!!

Moderator: Rob Voska

Forum rules
Items listed for sale should be appropriate for the audience of this forum - think before you post! Listings will be auto-pruned after 30 days (expired - deleted).
Jeff Campbell
Site Admin
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Fox Go-Boy MC20's
Robron Chaparral dual MC101
Margay Cheetah MKIII

a limited run of GO Power wheels is coming in soon!!!!

Post by Jeff Campbell » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:22 pm

The last batch of wheels sold out a while ago, but Scott is now doing a limited run of 10 sets .... the lower quantity production run has driven up the cost.
New Go Power 5” wheel sets - $375 a 4 wheel set (CA 9 1/4% tax)

Scott Wigginton
mailto:aswinc2@aol.com
(408)748-6949

"The original dies from the Go Power Company have been located. We have even found the original foundry, to cast these wheels once again. This is the type II style wheel (made from 1970 onward) with concaved surfaces around the holes. ASW R & D Machining can offer these wheels in aluminum in 5" dia. only, front and rear. The rear wheels have a ¾" through hole, stepped to 1", with a ¼" drive key. The front wheels use a 5/8" or ¾" I.D. x 1 5/8" O.D. high speed ball bearing."

CLICK HERE to watch in Large HD Video mode (requires high speed Internet connection)

ted johnson

Re: a limited run of GO Power wheels is coming in soon!!!!

Post by ted johnson » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Don't forget that along with Scott's beautiful wheels, his building mate, Bubba Davis can supply fully machined spacers to make the Go Powers wider. Bubba does a beautiful job with them. Bubba also can supply spun Palmini fuel tank repros with the screw-on cap. Reach him at:

Glenn “Bubba” Davis
Repro fuel tanks and
wheel spacers
P.O. Box 1346
Boulder Creek, CA 95006
gd_engineering@juno.com
(408)930-8760

Anyone who's seen my Van Tech or Bug Sprint can vouch for the tank, and I have his spacers in two of my karts. Ted

Scott Wigginton

Post by Scott Wigginton » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi Ted and Fellow Vintage Karters,

I am in the middle of doing a run of 1/2" wide and 1" wide Go-Power wheel spacers.They are CNC machined out of 6061-T6 aluminum.They will look very close to the original die cast mag. wheel spacer I had been selling.I have had a pretty good demand for these in the last few months along with the 5" wheel sets so decided to step up and do a run of spacers along with a limited run of the 5" wheels.The 1" spacer's per set will be $125.00 and the 1/2" will be $62.00.I will have photo's in the next couple weeks.I have a list of vintage karters who have reserved wheel sets and spacers.Both of these items will be done in small runs and limited numbers due the rising foundry cost.I would like to thank everyone who suppored this project over the last 5 years and helped make it possible to bring back this great vintage kart wheel.I hope to see you all at the vintage events in the coming vintage kart season.

Happy Vintage Karting,
Scott

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Hi, Scott! These things are good to know. I still have a set of wheels and Bubba's spacers I haven't used yet. Once I get the eyes fixed, I will get back into it! Hope to see you soon! Ted