Wanted- Thin rings for West Bend 820 Wiseco thin-ring piston

Moderator: Rob Voska

Forum rules
Items listed for sale should be appropriate for the audience of this forum - think before you post! Listings will be auto-pruned after 30 days (expired - deleted).
Jacob Jay
Vintage Karting items owned: Power Products engines! PP1000, AH-47, AH-81. Homelite KR-92!

Wanted- Thin rings for West Bend 820 Wiseco thin-ring piston

Post by Jacob Jay » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:58 am

Hi guys-

I happened upon some NOS Wiseco standard bore pistons for the West Bend 820s. These pistons use thin rings but currently have no rings. Do any of you know of a source? I called Wiseco tech support and they told me to go pee up a ladder. I'd even be willing to trade one of these for a couple sets of the rings. I also tried Hastings but they have nothing even close. Thanks!

stan wauthier
Vintage Karting items owned: a couple of karts
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Wanted- Thin rings for West Bend 820 Wiseco thin-ring piston

Post by stan wauthier » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:31 am

Jacob,
Call or email Dave at Otto Gas Engine Works. He has many stock rings and can make just about anything. I needed some rings for a project last year. Gave him the pertinent dimensions and had the rings in my hand in less than two weeks. The rings I needed were $5.00/set plus $1.00 shipping at that time. Needless to say, I was quite pleased. Here's his web site:
http://www.dol.net/~dave.reed/otto.html

Edit: new web site: http://www.ringspacers.com/
Health Warning: These posts may contain traces of nut.
Having a blast enjoying the past,
¡sıɥʇ ǝʞı1 dn puǝ ʇ,uop ǝʍ buıʎɐɹd puɐ
Best Regards,
Stan

Jacob Jay
Vintage Karting items owned: Power Products engines! PP1000, AH-47, AH-81. Homelite KR-92!

Re: Wanted- Thin rings for West Bend 820 Wiseco thin-ring piston

Post by Jacob Jay » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:48 am

Thanks Stan, I'll give them a call tomorrow...