What's your favorite Go-Kart Toy? Christmas is coming!

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Jeff Campbell
Site Admin
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Fox Go-Boy MC20's
Robron Chaparral dual MC101
Margay Cheetah MKIII

What's your favorite Go-Kart Toy? Christmas is coming!

Post by Jeff Campbell » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:19 am

Over the years I have seen a number of Go-Kart toys, electric toys, model kits, etc... Since Christmas is coming, I thought maybe some people out there would like to post a photo or video of interest here, to bring back some of those Go-Kart Christmas feelings!

Here is a Vintage Scalextric Go-Kart in action! (starts at 1:07 minute mark in the video)
CLICK HERE to watch in Large HD Video mode (requires high speed Internet connection)

My favorite toy (yes, I have one) has to be the Strombecker Electric Powered Go-Kart Plastic Model, Go-Kart Racer Kit No. D51-149, made by Strombeck-Becker Mfg, Moline, Illinois. This kit was actually approved by the Go-Kart Club of America, and had the GKCA logo on the front of the box. The model kart was patterned after one of the early Go-Kart brand karts with a Clinton engine, and the box and instruction sheet has the Go-Kart company logo on them.
Strombeckers GoKart.JPG
Strombecker Electric Powered Go-Kart
(21.04 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
On the side of the box is a little blurp about Karting:

America's Fastest Growing Sport
Go-Karting began 3 years ago in Southern California. Enthusiasm for these ingenious little competition machines has snowballed throughout the country. Speeds up to 50mph coupled to the kart's 50 inch wheelbase result in excitement for even the professional racedriver. The opening of a Grand Prix type road racing course in California and the promise of more to come across the country guarantee an exciting future for Karters.

Jeff