NOS Mc 6

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Darvin Jahnke
Vintage Karting items owned: 60 Simplex Mk II Dart Kart

NOS Mc 6

Post by Darvin Jahnke » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:55 pm

I found a fellow that has a NOS Mc 6. I looked it over and it has a little shelf wear but appears that it has never been run. The problem is it is a make me an offer deal. I'm sure he has a price in mind but being new to the vintage kart thing,I don't have a clue. Can anyone give me a ballpark idea of an offer that would be fair to buyer and seller? Thanks

steveohara
Vintage Karting items owned: 1969 Bug Sprint Mc 91B1
1965 Dart Gran Prix twin Mc100s
1963 Bug Scorpion ESll Mc45

Re: NOS Mc 6

Post by steveohara » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:23 pm

Based on ebay comps it would bring at least $600 and may go a lot higher. The highest price I have seen for a NOS Mac 6 was around $1,800.
Steve O'Hara

VirgLove

Post by VirgLove » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:09 pm

Here's an idea. Instead of going for the maximum amount of money, why not trade it for something he really wants. If your friend is new to vintage karting surely there is something he really needs. Many of the folks on this forum have lots of really neat stuff that they might trade for an NOS Mc6. Cash is King that's for sure, but if he sells it for top dollar its nearly a sure bet it will never be seen again. If, however, he trades it everyone wins. He and the trader get what they want and the rest of us will probably see both of them and their stuff at future Vintage events. It's just a thought.

Darvin Jahnke
Vintage Karting items owned: 60 Simplex Mk II Dart Kart

Post by Darvin Jahnke » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:37 pm

The fellow that has the engine isn't into karts. His dad used to work for McCulloch and brought the engine home and its been on a shelf ever since. I'm trying to buy it from him and when I asked the price he says make me an offer. I'm trying to establish what would be a fair price to offer.