Mac 6 inner cover

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Tom Luttenbacher
Vintage Karting items owned: Dart A Bone, Neal, LeeKart, Lancer, GoKart 800's, Simplex, Blitz.
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Mac 6 inner cover

Post by Tom Luttenbacher » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:35 pm

Tig welding is an option but magnesium is way more tempermental than aluminum so be sure the Weld shop knows and hope for the best as I've seen magnesium welds, some are great some just refuse to co-operate. G/L Tom L

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:50 am

Back in the olden days we used to break the stuffer mount ears off the Mac 10's with regularity. We had them welded with very good results. Ted

Phil Riley
Vintage Karting items owned: Rupp chaparel, mcCulloch 300, Kavilla, Margay,Go Cart 1200, Rupp Monza, 22 karts in all.

Post by Phil Riley » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi everyone and thanks for the input. This morning Larry at Fairfield Motorsports in KC called me with a NOS inner cover for the Mac 6. Now all I have to do is transfer the metal decal plate and pay the bill! The Mac 6 seems to be a little motor that went through some changes in it`s early pruduction run. I will go ahead and atttempt to repair the broken cover. You never know when the USPS might break another for me??? Thanks to all and have a HAPPY and SAFE HOLLIDAY, Phil.