kavella kart

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

daniel birge
Vintage Karting items owned: mac101

kavella kart

Post by daniel birge » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:47 am

i have a kavella kart that i am wanting to rebuild. is it worth it? needs new frame rails, and tie rod end tabes.

ted johnson

Re: kavella kart

Post by ted johnson » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:52 am

Daniel, Rebuild it! Kavallas are great karts, and not all that prevalent. It'll make a nice machine. Any idea of the year? if it's a late model and you need wheels, talk to Will Rogers. You may be able to talk him into selling you a set of his nice repro CT Alloys as were mounted on the newer Kavallas. Ted

Rod Hytonen
Vintage Karting items owned: vintage sprints and laydowns

Re: kavella kart

Post by Rod Hytonen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:10 pm

ted johnson wrote:Daniel, Rebuild it! Kavallas are great karts, and not all that prevalent. It'll make a nice machine. Any idea of the year? if it's a late model and you need wheels, talk to Will Rogers. You may be able to talk him into selling you a set of his nice repro CT Alloys as were mounted on the newer Kavallas. Ted

My first kart (1960?) was the stub axle, first model Kavalla, with an A490, up in MA where I could visit the Bentas Bros. 20 min. away, when it broke. If it's this one (white ground glass paint, shown in the Dick Day book, p.52,) the hanging seat to side rail weld broke continually. I'd recommend gusseting that joint on each side somehow if you plan to drive it.

That said, I'm sure I had the most fun on that kart, as it was my first, and even though it was direct drive (wheeze.... ;)