Hellcat Wildcat information needed

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Rick Chapman
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Bantam B-Bomb, 77' Hornet Enduro, 79' Hornet Wishbone Sprint, 1962 Blitz F-1000
User Agreement: Yes

Hellcat Wildcat information needed

Post by Rick Chapman » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:35 pm

I think I have found a Hellcat kart. The ad I have is from a 1959 Hot Rod magazine. The steering wheel support looks like the one I found but the front axle is different and the steering wheel is not round but laking across the bottom.
I would appreciate any help identifying it. Does anyone have any ads??
Thanks for the help
Rick
I Never Thought I'd Be Vintage !!

Scott Grundfor
Vintage Karting items owned: 1960 homelite spitfire
1960 go kart 400c
1960 percival

Re: Hellcat Wildcat information needed

Post by Scott Grundfor » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:32 pm

Rick, I have a Percival Hellcat from 1960. I have modified the rear end of it to accept a mall chainsaw enigne. Attached to this post is a broscure on the hellcat and wildcat. I hope this helps. I can forward picts of my kart if you need detail. Good luck, Scott
Attachments
image0-11.jpg
(636.23 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
image0-12.jpg
(753.69 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

Scott Kneisel
Vintage Karting items owned: '63 Rupp Grand Prix, 66 Rupp Chappy, Mc6's, Mc8, Mc10's, Mc20's
Lotsa' other Macs

Post by Scott Kneisel » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:26 am

Attached is a photo of the Hellcat I had when I was a teen. The pictures are of a modified version. My dad changed from the dead axle it came with to a live axle and added the number plate and rear bumper and Go power gold rear wheels. The Hellcat was purchased mail order, I think from Speigal catalog and I can still remember going to the terminal to pick it up. I was so excited when we unpacked it and My dad put it together that I was shaking. It was my first kart. My dad tried to make it competitive with the Mc20 and live axle but it never really was. We both raced it but never did well until we turned it in for a Dart Grand Prix and an Mc8.
These are the only photos I have of the kart and they are not very good but maybe you can get some detail from them. That is my baby brother Chris in the seat, he was a little young to drive.
Attachments
Helcat Pix 001-S.jpg
(20.04 KiB) Downloaded 833 times

tim mclaughlin
Vintage Karting items owned: Percival? U.S 820's

Post by tim mclaughlin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:57 pm

I have one in need of a total restro. The frame is straight and pretty much unmolested. It is exactly like the live axle gold medal model shown in the pics of ads you have posted. I bought it because I used to race and thought it would be neat to restore. I was hoping it was a 1959 model because that was the year I was born but don't know how to tell. Since then I've aquired three W.B. 820s, one c.w. and two c.c.w. rotation engines. I think there is room for all three on the back. Any help in identifying the year would be appreciated. What are these thing worth any way?

Rick Chapman
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Bantam B-Bomb, 77' Hornet Enduro, 79' Hornet Wishbone Sprint, 1962 Blitz F-1000

Post by Rick Chapman » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Well. It looks like I have a TrackMaster and a Hoffco Hurricane.
Thanks to everyone who helped me to find out what I bought..
Rick
I Never Thought I'd Be Vintage !!