Sensation Kart info?

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Hal Kolding
Vintage Karting items owned: 195? Sensation kart; 1960 Bug with Clinton.

Sensation Kart info?

Post by Hal Kolding » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:07 pm

Hello, I just found this forum, and joined because I have an old Sensation Kart (1959?), and would like to get it up and running. Any info on Sensation karts is appreciated. It has 'Alton Wheel' marked wheels on it (some chipped out areas) and so I'm also looking for Alton wheels for it. Thanks for any tips! Hal
Attachments
k4.sized.jpg
(122.2 KiB) Downloaded 687 times

Dean Seavers
Vintage Karting items owned: '66 Chap, '61 Bug Stinger, '61 McCulloch R-1, '60 Go Kart 800, '60 Bug Wasp, '60 Weirdo

Re: Sensation Kart info?

Post by Dean Seavers » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:46 pm

I've never heard of a sensation kart, but it's super cool! I just wanted to congratulate you on the great score! Best of luck with the restoration!

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:01 am

Hi, Hal, and welcome to the site. If I had to guess, I'd wonder if the kart was made by the same people who made the Sensation lawn mowers. You might search some of the vintage mower sites and get info thru the back door. My Pop sold Sensation mowers in the '50's, too early for karts. The mowers were of good quality, and some were still being used into the '70's. Neat kart! "Caretta-ish"! Ted

Darvin Jahnke
Vintage Karting items owned: 60 Simplex Mk II Dart Kart

Post by Darvin Jahnke » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:23 pm

I have a Sensation mini bike and it was built by the lawn mower co. in Ralston Nebraska. They also built snowblowers. The fellow that owned the Co. was Frank Rogers. The Mini bike was called the Mike Bike and was named after his son Mike,who still lives in the area. His phone # 402-392-0500. If you were ever interested in selling the kart or come across another one,Iwould be interested.

Frank Payne
Vintage Karting items owned: lots a karts and engines

Post by Frank Payne » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:23 pm

I live about 1.5 miles from the old Sensation plant in Ralston. I got my first Mac engine in '61 there. It was a new left over MC10. I had a choice between the new 10 and a new PP Super AH58, both were $50!!!. Sad to say the wild yellow paint won my 10 year old fancy and I got the Mac. Little did I know that the 58 would have run rings around the stock 10. Later about '64 I bought a new kart there. It looks just like yours with the same rims, st. wheel and scrub brakes. It weighed a ton.