thanks for info

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

matt parzick

thanks for info

Post by matt parzick » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:45 pm

thanks's for the info, i would really like to find right kart .this one was first to come along. as i live in north pole alaska, i think i was lucky finding engine. but still looking. after finding this site i am only going to put together something worth it. only seem right thing to do with that engine. what could i do about clutch? did they run some kinda jackshaft setup to clutch?

ted johnson

Re: thanks for info

Post by ted johnson » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:10 am

Hey, Matt. I never saw a V-11 with a clutch. Euros all ran direct drive back then, as did a large percentage of Americans. If I remember, the V-11 had a yery short shaft extension. Does yours have a splined shaft? That's what I remember. That might make it difficult to find or make a sprocket. You might have one broached, or as was suggested in the other V-11 post, wire EDM'ed from an appropriate No. 35 sprocket. VERY expensive proposition, especially as the one you make will wear in time! If you CAN locate a sprocket, by all means go with a jackshaft to mount your clutch. Remember, though, as cool and desirable as the Saetta is, it's not eligible to run at Fremont, as it isn't American. TBO legal or not, it's a great find, and I wish you the best of luck with it! Watch for any tiny drive pins or springs on the rotary valve when you disassemble it, not to lose them. Saetta was famous for that!! Sure would be cool for you to find a Bug Lightning, as that's the kart Bug developed just for the Saetta. Seems Saetta means something to do with lightning in Italian.. Ted

Brian Thomas
Vintage Karting items owned: 61 Simplex MKII , 61 Fox Mak , 61 Fox , 67 Lancer,74 Kobra, Gokart 400, Unknown
User Agreement: Yes

Re: thanks for info

Post by Brian Thomas » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:32 am

One of those came with the Fox that I bought .

Brian
Brian , Dottie and Shadow Thomas
Black Dog Vintage Racing
http://www.blackdogvintageracing.com
If there isn't a Black Dog hair in the bag it's not a Black Dog product
"Black Dog" ask for it by name