Yamaha KT100S Engine sprockets onto a Mac Engine.

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

mcbob
Vintage Karting items owned: Everything Mac but a Kart but who know's ?

Yamaha KT100S Engine sprockets onto a Mac Engine.

Post by mcbob » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:50 pm

After my meeting of Allan Savins i wondered around the old grey faced guru's of yesterday asking about the myth that the Yamaha KT100S engine sprocket would fit the Mac Engines and i bought a couple of ebay australia to test the water and guess what they do
The ones i got are for the short shaft i believe as i'm no yammmmmie man.
I did a dye check on the taper and i get a full contact so it looks as if i'm in business.

Mc Bob

Rick Chapman
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Bantam B-Bomb, 77' Hornet Enduro, 79' Hornet Wishbone Sprint, 1962 Blitz F-1000
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Yamaha KT100S Engine sprockets onto a Mac Engine.

Post by Rick Chapman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:36 pm

McBob,
There is about a 1/2 degree difference between the Mc and Yamaha. That's why you can lap one on the other...
Good job
Rick Chapman
I Never Thought I'd Be Vintage !!

Tom Luttenbacher
Vintage Karting items owned: Dart A Bone, Neal, LeeKart, Lancer, GoKart 800's, Simplex, Blitz.
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Yamaha KT100S Engine sprockets onto a Mac Engine.

Post by Tom Luttenbacher » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:51 am

I bought a Horstman oil/disc clutch for a Mac/yam, then bought the drive hub for the mac/yam...now for the life of me I can't remember which is which, they are so close as mentioned. The only diff by looking is the Mac has a wider key slot in the drive hub. I then measured the slot in a mac crank, the width is right on. I never ran the clutch, back in the box as new with a second drive hub. :D TL