Singing to the Choir

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Rick Chapman
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Bantam B-Bomb, 77' Hornet Enduro, 79' Hornet Wishbone Sprint, 1962 Blitz F-1000
User Agreement: Yes

Singing to the Choir

Post by Rick Chapman » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:26 pm

This was the first "Big One" I attended and I had a great time. And coming back from Quincy, I truly understood what the difference was between the 2 groups. But the one thing I saw both groups have in common, is that everyone is just 'singing to the choir'. It's great to see each other equipment but there is a whole world out there, full of people, who have NEVER seen some of these Karts. Why more of you guys don't want to attend local tracks, when invited, is beyond me. There are enough of us, spread around the state, to show up and bring your stuff. And talk about showing your karts to people who would appreciate them, for those who have never seen a Dart, Simplex, etc, this is a real treat.
I left a message, online, about Cardington kart Track inviting guys with Vintage Karts to show up and the track will be provided practice time. Yet no one seems to be interested. Last year, barberton Kart Track had a special day for Vintage karts and only 6 karts came. What good is it to have these beautiful pieces of Karting history, if no one want to bring them out and show the karting Community.. It's beyond me... I guess everyone just wants to show the same guys the same karts and that's that. Sounds more like a "Click" to me.
No one is asking everyone to make every invite, but it would be nice if we could make a few.
That's just my thoughts... No new interest will breed no new people...
I Never Thought I'd Be Vintage !!

Rob Voska

Re: Singing to the Choir

Post by Rob Voska » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:05 pm

Rick......everyone is busy in life anymore. We have a lot of guys that don't come to TBO because they are doing things that weekend. I understand. Next Sat the 25th there is 8-10 things to do. Can't do them all so I have to choose. Wish I could do them all but.....the best I can do is try to squeeze 3-4 of them in.