Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Emil Snid
Vintage Karting items owned: i dont know what they are
one has a mac on it

Vintage Kart Questions

Post by Emil Snid » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:26 pm

Hi All,
I'm new to this vintage kart game, and have karts I dont know what kind. Are they race karts or what? My uncle says they raced them but thats all he knows. cant someone tell me how to post pictures on here so as to find out what they are? I want to go see some old style racing, but I dont just want to stand around, some racing would be better for driving all that way to the BIG ONE.
Over and Out, Emil

Rob Voska

Re: Vintage Kart Questions

Post by Rob Voska » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:42 pm

http://rearenginekarts.com/phpBB30/faq.php

Look under the posting problems header. It should point you in the correct direction.
Rob

Emil Snid
one has a mac on it

Post by Emil Snid » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:20 pm

Well fellas, here is the fastest one my uncle Dencer made it long ago with my other uncle. Now they say its all mine to race or whatever I want. Its really fast on gravel so concrete should be real fun. The motor is a 2 cycel and always starts up. Maybe it needes new front wheels and then its set for the BIG ONE. I like this one the best cause the side bars hold me in when Im sliding around on gravel. Is it a good kart for REAR racing?
over and out
Emil

REAR

Post by REAR » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:59 am

Your question and some others are making me think this is a left wing conspiracy. You can not re-write history. Please refer to pictures of past events to see what we run. This in no way appears to be a former racer from the 60’s……and to be honest it looks like it was made from some old shopping karts.

Maybe you’re not ready for The Big One. You should attend as a spectator to see the high level of very rare and restored equipment that attends the event. That’s why it’s the biggest in the world.

Emil Snid
one has a mac on it

Post by Emil Snid » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:14 pm

Well REAR, my uncle Denver told me that him and uncle Dallas used to race this go kart around here long ago. But, it does not look like the other go karts on the REAR site. I think Ill come up there to see the show, and if its ok bring this one for racing around the parking lot you know, put on a show for the kids and all. If I can get a motor for one of the other go karts, maybe I can race that one in the show, but money dont come easy for me. By the way, is there a YMCA up there to stay at? I hear their fun to stay at. Also my 2 uncles are not twins, but they do look identical.
Over and Out
Emil

REAR

Post by REAR » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:59 am

Sorry Snid there will be no racing around in the parking lot at THE BIG ONE because it is prohibited for safety reasons and logistical reasons. Bottomline, if the motel reservations are any indication the event should again be HUGH and we want our guest to be safe even when walking in a full parking lot.

However you are more than welcome to come out and have a view of what were doing to preserve Americas rich early karting heritage with accurate depictions of the machines from kartings 'golden years.

Feel free also to stop by the R.E.A.R. tent and introduce yourself. Its always great to meet a fellow R.E.A.R. engine karting enthusiast and if you need any other info or assistance please ask the event hosts, Bob Kurkowski or Rob Voska.

Hope to see you there.......R.E.A.R.

Jeff Campbell
Site Admin
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Fox Go-Boy MC20's
Robron Chaparral dual MC101
Margay Cheetah MKIII

Post by Jeff Campbell » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:12 am

Emil,
I doubt the guys doing safety tech at TBO would pass that kart, there are many safety issues that I can see, that would have been a problem even back in the time period you believe it was raced in.

Jeff

nils gustafson

Post by nils gustafson » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:53 pm

Hello Emil; back in the mid 50s before kart "factory stuff" your ride is pre "daddy buy me this "
my dad said no way ,so I built a wooden frame with a twin cly outboard motor. It was Sunday morning parking lot run what u brung stuff.
What facinates me about your ride is the engine ,I pretty sure its a Mcculloch 7-55 a 7.3 ci. rotary valve Mac. I had one on a kit kart( pre-bent cro-mo) tubes I welded up.
It was a real gasser engine on alky . I was lucky to find some of those old macs here in the Oregon woods ,and will build a replica of this kart . I even built one with (2) of these engines,it would put your eye balls in back of your head ..
When u c the speed of those karts at the B.O. you will understand the saftey issues ..
Thanks for the pic thats a great engine on there...and as u get older more sh8t happens so b careful...gus.

Emil Snid
one has a mac on it

Post by Emil Snid » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:18 pm

Well thank you sir, your a real nice man, looks like I made a new freind. Is my motor rare? I never would have guesed they made gokarts from wood but it makes sense cause theres so much around! Should I put this motor on a diferent go kart and run at the BIG ONE?
over and out
Emil

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:50 pm

Emil...look forward to meeting you. Should be easy to spot those distinctive sun glasses.