Info about 3rd Annual Turkey Trot in Dixon, CA on Nov. 29

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Dean Seavers
Vintage Karting items owned: '66 Chap, '61 Bug Stinger, '61 McCulloch R-1, '60 Go Kart 800, '60 Bug Wasp, '60 Weirdo

Info about 3rd Annual Turkey Trot in Dixon, CA on Nov. 29

Post by Dean Seavers » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:33 pm

Howdy-

I was just able to confirm with the Kinsmen Kart club in Dixon, CA that for the November 29th, 3rd annual Turkey Trot play day, vintage karters will have the track exclusively all day! The club has been very good to us this year by allowing us to use their track and alternate practice sessions with modern karts. However, since their season will be over by November 29th, they are closing the track to regular club members so vintage karts can have an open track all day. Track opens at 9 am and we can run until dark, which in November will be about 5 pm. That means a LOT of seat time for little money!

Driver fee is $20 for the day and we will have our traditional Turkey Trot potluck BBQ!

This is a great opportunity to run the karts in a relaxed, fun atmosphere one last time before holiday commitments take over in December. I appreciate the Kinsmen Kart Club supporting vintage karting by giving us the track for the day and I hope that we can have enough folks turn up to show them that vintage karting supports Kinsmen.

E-mail me at voxnut@hotmail.com to sign up for the pot luck or to ask any questions. (If you plan on doin' any of the eatin' please plan on doin' some of the bringin'!- guests included. We ran out of food last time before everyone who contributed had a chance to eat)

Hope to see you there!

All the best,
Dean