The 'BIG' Thanks

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

The 'BIG' Thanks

Post by REAR » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:41 am

On behalf of REAR Engine American Racers a.k.a. Bob Kurkowski and Rob Voska I would like to take this opportunity to THANK each and everyone one of you who attended this years running of THE BIG ONE.

We are very well aware of the time, effort, and expense that it takes to attend this event and as we try to convey with words how we feel about your support sometimes words alone cannot define how much each and everyone of your smiling faces means to us. These feelings are big...really BIG !

We would also like to THANK all of our sponsers and private individuals personnally for all that they have done out of the goodnees of there hearts to help us this year. Listed below in no particular order are these folks and if you see them say "Thanks" for all they have done for the hobby of REAR engine karting.

Randy and Hanson Duncan
American Power Sports
John Spitler
Signature Signs
Brian and Dottie Thomas
Target Distributing
Merv Fenwick
Bob Towarnicki
John Copeland
National Kart News
Ed Sahagian
Dan Flanders
Virgil Love
Mike Anderson
Sue and Ron Cubel
Frank Weir
Gil and Danny Burge
John Berkey
Herb Dickel Family
Don and Nate Thompson
Dick Teal
Everyone who participated in the now annual 'COOL PART of Karting' display.

Sincerly ...Bob Kurkowski

P.S. Thanks also for all your co-operation in getting all of your tow vehicles in and out of the grounds with the greatest of ease. We really appreciate everyones help on this.

I don't know why but something tells me we are going to need even more parking next year. ;)

Dick Teal
Vintage Karting items owned: 1959 Mak-Kart, 1960Fox 60L, 1961 Fox (2), 1962 Fox, 1963 Fox, 1964 Fox, Margay New Breed
User Agreement: Yes

Re: The 'BIG' Thanks

Post by Dick Teal » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:36 am

Bob & Ron,

This was my first visit to your event but it will not be the last. I've already scheduled next years event on my callendar.

I'm sure a lot of people don't understand what goes on at the event and what it's all about. I would suggest that they try it and they will want to keep going.

I would like to thank both of you for taking the time to put something as big as TBO on and for being such gracious hosts. The amount of detail thats required is lost on most people that have never had to do something as different and difficult as your event has become.

Here's a few of my personal thoughts about the pluses and the minisuses on everything.

Plus list;
Beatuiful track that is so smooth you could roller skate on it.
Scheduled run time and quite time for lunch.
Plenty of time to look for the rare part you've been looking for.
Lunch and drinks provided free of charge on both days.
Rules for tires and only a few other things.
Plenty of free stuff if you're lucky enough to win.

Minus list;
Too much food for lunch on both days.

On a personal note I really enjoyed having enough time to tune one of my highly modified 820's that has three carbs, high compression and wild ignition timing. This type of old school stuff is hard to do right unless you have unlimited track time. Even the people that want to race should think about what this could do for them.

Thanks again for a great time,

Dick Teal

ted johnson

Re: The 'BIG' Thanks

Post by ted johnson » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:49 pm

To Rob and Bob, THANK you so very much for making The '08 Big One the social event of the season! Charlie and I had a great time running the semi-functional karts and re-meeting all the fine participants. We especially enjoyed pitting next to Al Klusman and Jack Canady for the second year (with many more to come), and renewing our friendship with Dan Flanders, Ron and Sue Cubel, Hank and Marylin Rotroff, Brian and Dottie Thomas and too many more to mention. I have already begun the changes necessary to have the engines run properly next time! Winning the trophies was the cap to the weekend! Thanks again to everyone who made this a great weekend! Ted Johnson :lol: