The BIG ONE

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

herbert dickel
Vintage Karting items owned: sae karts

The BIG ONE

Post by herbert dickel » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:44 pm

All I can say is WOW. Another BIG ONE. I want to say a big thanks to Rob and Bob and all who helped put this event on. When we arrived everyone was smileing and left even happier. The banquet was great and thanks to everyone that stopped by to see us. It was one of the best weekends of the year. Hope that everyone got enough laps in.

The Dickel family

Don Distel

Re: The BIG ONE

Post by Don Distel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:37 am

BIGGER N BETTER than ever !!!!! Thank's again to everyone that does so much for this great event . Maybe next year I'll start a little earlier on getting the kart to running :shock: Couldn't ask for anything better !!!! Looking forward to THE BIG ONE 2009
Thank's again to all !!
Don Distel
twostroke91

Brian Thomas
Vintage Karting items owned: 61 Simplex MKII , 61 Fox Mak , 61 Fox , 67 Lancer,74 Kobra, Gokart 400, Unknown
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Brian Thomas » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:28 am

We also want to thank everyone that helps put on this event , you guys are the best .
It looked to be the largest yet and the swap meet was huge . 3 countries were represented .
Hank Rotroff let me take take out his Fox with twin 82's, man is that thing fast. I also drove it as a single 82 .
Hank had his Dart kart there with a 61 on one side and an 81 on the other . That thing has a wide power band .
We ran until we could not run any more , the Simplex was a little troublesom (sp) , the right motor was running a little hot . we figured out that it was starting to suck an intake gasket .
We have more pix to post when we get back .

Brian
Attachments
Fremont 08 013.jpg
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 138 times
Brian , Dottie and Shadow Thomas
Black Dog Vintage Racing
http://www.blackdogvintageracing.com
If there isn't a Black Dog hair in the bag it's not a Black Dog product
"Black Dog" ask for it by name

Terry Schmitz
Vintage Karting items owned: 63 Brand X, 64 Fox Box ,71 BucketBug ,66 LANCER,63 GP, Rupp F35,66 CHAPERRAL SPRINT/ENDURO

Post by Terry Schmitz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:01 am

This was my first vintage kart meet. I had a great time , learned some, sold some, bought more. It will be more fun when my kart is done 1963 Brand X (sold thru Sears) with dual 820's.
May see you all in Quincy.

stan wauthier
Vintage Karting items owned: a couple of karts

Post by stan wauthier » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:05 pm

Once again, The BIGGEST One!! We Had a great time, even though Joel managed to EXPLODE one of his twin 820's. When we got him off of the track he said "dad, they were running so good!" I had to explain to him something all of the experienced ones will affirm- they always run their best just before they blow. Thanks, Bob for the advice on the new rod cap bolts. Also here is a link to my photobucket album with over 270 or so photos taken by Bob Kurkowski and myself. Enjoy!
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/s ... mview=grid
Health Warning: These posts may contain traces of nut.
Having a blast enjoying the past,
¡sıɥʇ ǝʞı1 dn puǝ ʇ,uop ǝʍ buıʎɐɹd puɐ
Best Regards,
Stan

Jerry VanDeusen Jr
Vintage Karting items owned: 69 Techno
75 bug wasp twin
59 bug
80 Twin invader

Post by Jerry VanDeusen Jr » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:38 pm

pictures need a password?

thanks Jerry

stan wauthier
Vintage Karting items owned: a couple of karts

Post by stan wauthier » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:28 pm

Sorry guys, forgot to make my album public before I logged out of photobucket. The link should work now. It was suggested that I start a new thread just in case someone wouldn't read this far into this thread, so I'm going to do that also. So please don't think you are seeing double!!
Health Warning: These posts may contain traces of nut.
Having a blast enjoying the past,
¡sıɥʇ ǝʞı1 dn puǝ ʇ,uop ǝʍ buıʎɐɹd puɐ
Best Regards,
Stan

Jeff Campbell
Site Admin
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Fox Go-Boy MC20's
Robron Chaparral dual MC101
Margay Cheetah MKIII

Post by Jeff Campbell » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:09 am

.... yup, the biggest Big One of all time. Fantastic weather (maybe a little to much sun and heat) brought people from all around. I made the mistake of showing up at 11am on Saturday, I think I got the last or second to last pit space available! Some rough counts put the number of karts around or North of 150 in attendance on Saturday.

There were some really great examples of early karts in attendance, the best showing I have ever seen at an event, I have a ton of photos to post soon.

Jeff

Jeff Troy
Vintage Karting items owned: Dart Super K/PP-AH58, Homelite Spitfire LA-1/KL-82/LR-82

Post by Jeff Troy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:51 pm

HI, Buds,

Big thanks to Rob V., Bob K., Jeff C. and everyone else who continues to make this event the premiere vintage event for our old machines.

Devin and I had a great time - and a special thanks (once again) to Pearl Gamble, who always seems to know exactly what the problem is when my dual Homelites don't feel like running. The last hour of the last day saw Devin and me on the track together for a few laps with our two 1960 Homelite Spitfire karts -- Devin on the early-year stub axle Spit with dual AH-58's, and me with the late-year live axle and dual Homelite KL-100's.

The new Blitz F-1000 is a nice driver, too, but my lard butt doesn't fit in the cockpit very well, and Dev had so much fun driving the dual Spitwad that she never even ran her Super K.

We had a great time at the dinner, too, and the only thing one could consider being better than the track time is the crowd of warm, friendly faces we continue to see in Ohio, year after year.

OUTSTANDING weekend, my friends, and an ideal testimony to the name "The Big One." It surely is.

Warmest regards,
Jeff Troy
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
717-917-3670 (Leave message and I will return your call)
http://www.bradleygt.com
http://www.jefftroy.com (Under Construction)