Mac Seals

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Dan Flanders
Vintage Karting items owned: Pimped out Yerf-Dog with 22" spinners
User Agreement: Yes

Mac Seals

Post by Dan Flanders » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:32 am

I came across this article when I was cleaning out My Documents folder. Unfortunately, I don't know who the author is (Dean S. ?) .... If anyone comes across pertinent information like this that they've saved from prior versions of the board, how about reposting it so it can be be archived by our new and improved system.

We've lost a lot of VERY interesting and useful information over the last three+ iterations of REAR ,Vintage Karts, & VKA . Some discussion threads are still accessible using the Wayback Machine (http://www.archive.org/web/web.php) but much of it is just gone except what is stored on each of our computers. Take a look and see if you have any GEM's squirreled away.

---Dan

"Tip of the Month -SEALS

This month’s tip is for you guys doing your own rebuilds. I get asked all the time where can I get seals for my engine. If you don’t want to use seals that have been sitting around in the bottom of a box for 30-40 years here’s where I have been getting mine. If what you need is not listed here if you take a crank and block with you they can measure what you need and set you up. I have used these seals for both Gas and Alky without any problems.

I get my seals at NAPA! Now how easy is that? They carry Chicago Rawhide seals and can get them in a day. This is the number on the box and if what you need here is not listed this will get you into the right family of seals. It’s a lot easier than telling some parts guy that you need a seal for 12,000 RPM with Alky fuel. It saves both you and him a lot of head scratching.

#9243 ¾” PTO seals for both 100 and 125cc Mac’s.

#6816 is the PTO seal for 92,93 & 101 engines.

#7421 is the 101 dust shield.

#7414 is the seal for the inner mag side of 91,92,93 & 101 engines"

Bill Parun
Vintage Karting items owned: late 60's Bug Sprint
currently with MC92

Re: Mac Seals

Post by Bill Parun » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:20 am

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the good info hear. I've started a folder too to archive this kind of useful stuff.
Hope you're having a great Summer.
-Bill Parun

Terry Sullivan 2
Vintage Karting items owned: Bug Wasp

Re: Mac Seals

Post by Terry Sullivan 2 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:16 pm

Dan,

Would you happen to have a list specific to the Mc91?

Thanks,

Terry Sullivan
terryas@mindspring.com