Vintage Kart Show at BKA July 27th

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Rick Chapman
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Bantam B-Bomb, 77' Hornet Enduro, 79' Hornet Wishbone Sprint, 1962 Blitz F-1000
User Agreement: Yes

Vintage Kart Show at BKA July 27th

Post by Rick Chapman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:16 pm

:D Barberton Karting Association is having a Vintage Kart Show, Sunday, July 27th. "People
Choice Clock Awards" (voted on by the racers ;) ) will go to the Top 3 selected Vintage Karts with 4th and 5th selected Vintage Karts recieving Special Awards. A Vintage Kart area will be set aside, in the Pits, for all the entries and there will be seperate Vintage Kart open practice's and Vintage Kart exhibit track time through out the day. Saturday night before the Show, and in front of the Stock Car fans, a number of Vintage karts will be on display by the Grand stands and there will be plenty of promoting of this event.
Entry fee is only $20.00 for driver and kart, extra Pit Passes are $10.00
:P Use this event as a warm up to the "Big One"... Come join the fun and enjoy the conveniences of Barberton Speedway. For more information, go to http://www.BarbertonSpeedway.com and click on Karts, or call Rick Chapman at 330-620-9377
I Never Thought I'd Be Vintage !!

Butch Kavanagh

Re: Vintage Kart Show at BKA July 27th

Post by Butch Kavanagh » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:50 pm

i know, i grew up with guy, but he is a great promoter of karting. started racing at 12 yrs and has been local in akron ohio-forever. back in the late 70's early 80's, he promoted the highly successful 'Kindom of Outlaw' series with major sponsorship including American Power Sports(i still call them wiseco piston). a long time member of Akron Karting Club, when racing came to a halt at columbiana(oh), he was the individual to bring karting to barberton(suburb of akron) speedway were it still flourishes today. he recently retired in june 08 after 31 years at general motors. even though he likes to golf(???) and i know his wife would like more time with him and he will, his success(including WKA events) speaks for itself. his addition in Vintage Go Kart Racing will be greatly appreciated.