Jeff Campbell
Site Admin
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Fox Go-Boy MC20's
Robron Chaparral dual MC101
Margay Cheetah MKIII

Re: my fav wb820

Post by Jeff Campbell » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Butch,
I went back and edited this message of mine, I orginally thought that was one of Vince's auctions, but it is not.

Those obviously are not WEST BEND NOS motors, and are not new West Bend factory made motors in the box as implied. West Bend motors did not come with billet starter pullies nor did they use those modern Tilly carbs. Also, I see no indication that they were made by the "West Bend" company as also implied in the text of the auction. The real West Bend made motors had the WB logo cast in the crankcase stuffer (which isn't shown in the photos, intentional?), and I think those motors also had other markings, like decals or a riveted p/n number plate on the head shroud.

Jeff

Butch Kavanagh

Re: my fav wb820

Post by Butch Kavanagh » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:38 pm

jeff and all ebay sellers, if my words were offending, i apoligize. vince is my son-vince kavanagh and together we raced out of akron ohio. my old blue van was our pit stall. my 820 days were over when vince stated racing the rookie class with the mc49 and finished his last race at barnesville with a restricted mc93. don't have a trophy room but we had fun and the many good people we met. pt charlotte fla is between sarasota and ft myers. there are some tracks around but nothing vintage yet..i really appreciate this site, the question-answers, pictures etc, and ebay auctions and again i did not mean to offend anyone.....butch