MEMORIAL DAY

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

MEMORIAL DAY

Post by REAR » Mon May 26, 2008 6:05 am

We at Rear Engine American Racers would like to THANK all the men and woman who help to protect and make The United States of America the greatest nation in the world.

God Bless you all and Thank You for your sacrifices and a job well done.

R.E.A.R.

ted johnson

Re: MEMORIAL DAY

Post by ted johnson » Mon May 26, 2008 11:58 am

I would like to add my thanks to the people of all the services for their courage and vigilance. Where would we be and what language would we be speaking without you? Ted Johnson

Jeff May

Post by Jeff May » Mon May 26, 2008 12:23 pm

I would also like to thank all that has and is serving this great nation of ours.
There are times when saying thank you doesn't seem to be enough for the sacrifices many have made to keep us free and allow us the chance to do the things we all enjoy so much.
Thank You !
Jeff May

Ron Carbaugh
Vintage Karting items owned: Mak Kart, Xterminator, Simplex, McCulloch, West Bend, and other engines from over there.

Post by Ron Carbaugh » Mon May 26, 2008 4:12 pm

Thanks for the post. I wish more people understood the price of freedom. If you want to know what freedon is all about just find a Veterans Cemetary near you and go to the Services today. It will make you feel small compared to the people that have made the Ultimate Sacrifice. I served this Country, but I am alive to tell about it. The Families that have lost loved ones tell the real story. Freedom is not Free.

REAR

Post by REAR » Tue May 27, 2008 5:26 am

Ron,

Seen that "Either stand behind our troops or you can stand in front of them " post.

You Da Man...

R.E.A.R.

jmendoza
Vintage Karting items owned: Dart A-Bone, HumBug, Macs and a Blender, Panthers.

Post by jmendoza » Tue May 27, 2008 4:38 pm

One thing I always remember when going to a vintage kart event are the young faces of all those karters of yore who never came home from Vietnam. At the first vintage reunion at Adams 4 years ago I looked for, and asked about some old buddies, the answer was one had died in 'nam. The karting craze came during a time where many of the original karters were just the right age for the draft, and many a kart racer never came home; they paid the ultimate price for our nation.