Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Chad Eshelman
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Putt-Nik Demon
1976 Sears Orange Krate
User Agreement: Yes

Hoffco Interceptor ID Help?

Post by Chad Eshelman » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:09 pm

Hey, folks...new to the board, met a lot of you I'm sure at my first TBO this year. Just picked up kart #3, hoping someone can back up my thinking that this is a circa 1963 Hoffco Interceptor?
Attachments
Screenshot_20231207-145933.png

Rob Voska

Re: Hoffco Interceptor ID Help?

Post by Rob Voska » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:13 pm

Karting World April 1963 they did a kart test. It all looks right. They had a center mounted West Bend 610. It used a plastic seat back tank. Lemans wheels like a Fox, 4" fronts & 5" rears. Petals, steering wheel and upholstery all look right. Even the 4" expanding Comet brake is correct. Nice find!

Chad Eshelman
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Putt-Nik Demon
1976 Sears Orange Krate
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Chad Eshelman » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:12 am

Thanks, Rob...that Karting World cover was the only pic I could find that was close to what I picked up yesterday leading me to believe a '63 timeframe. I'll have to keep an eye out on eBay to find a copy. I'm sure there was supposed to be some sort of pan up front under the steering column I'll need to fabricate, if anyone has pics I'd appreciate it!

Can't see it from this pic, but it was set up new with matching engine mounts and a dual comet brake setup probably from the factory! Sadly, the tank is long gone. And it does have all 4 Le Man's wheels...

The cat I bought it from has owned it since the mid 70s when he was 16...been thru his kids and grandkids. Said he had to weld in the grating because he broke his leg as a kid when the kart lurched forward and his foot was in the hole!

This will compliment my '61 Putt-Nik Demon nicely!

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:11 pm

Article said it was aluminum and was NOT bolted in place.......

Tanks are available & should bolt right up. DO NOT overtighten the bottom petcock. Use a sleeve around the outside to keep it from expanding.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266420179682?h ... R6qKs5SKYw