Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Pat Seidl
Vintage Karting items owned: Simplex
Hellcat Wildcat
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Kart Identification help

Post by Pat Seidl » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:41 am

Kind of funny story here, I found one just like this down in California and it was just listed I sent an E mail to him told him I would take it. Let him know my location agreed to pay him in full for the kart and I would pick it up when I got to Corvallis, and I would drive down as I have another kart I have paid for and the owner is storing it till I get down there. He was adamant that I was a scam, my reply was I’m not very good then because you would be paid in full and still have the kart in your presence….lol he didn’t get it the next time I looked at it it was pending… it looks like a real nice kart but you don’t get them all I guess. Some people are not very trustworthy I guess. I would have done that deal all day long. Maybe storage was an issue, but he didn’t say that. Or maybe I was a little too aggressive and he thought it might be worth more than what he was asking. Don’t know Don’t care there is more out there someplace. This sport you have to be looking all the time and be able to act fast…lol

Pat Seidl
Hellcat Wildcat

Post by Pat Seidl » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:36 pm

Do you have a picture of the gas tank on yours, if I can’t find one for a reasonable price I’m an awesome tig welder I might be able to fab one up from sheet aluminum..? Or
Thank you for your time
Pat Seidl

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:00 pm

The hunt is just part of the fun. WHen you meet more people you can pay for it & they will pick it up for you. Works well but you will owe a LOT of favors!

Pat Seidl
Hellcat Wildcat

Post by Pat Seidl » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:19 am

I agree the hunt is fun and yes I’m finding out you can meet some very nice people out there.

Terry Bentley
Vintage Karting items owned: Kavalla Rupp Hornet Bug Margay Cates, Ala Kart

Post by Terry Bentley » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:24 am

I can see a rear caliper in two of those pics. Most likely a Palmini. Guess you will be getting more than expected is still equipped.

Pat Seidl
Hellcat Wildcat

Post by Pat Seidl » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:31 am

This is mew to me so you can probably see things I can’t. I’ve never seen one before so it hard for me to tell someone for sure what is has and what it don’t have when I don’t have it home yet. But I’ll be able to pick out another one now I bet….lol
Thank you for your help!
Pat Seidl
Should be a nice kart when I’m finished with it but I have about 4 carts ahead of this one to be worked on.