Kart display storyboards

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Dean Seavers
Vintage Karting items owned: '66 Chap, '61 Bug Stinger, '61 McCulloch R-1, '60 Go Kart 800, '60 Bug Wasp, '60 Weirdo

Kart display storyboards

Post by Dean Seavers » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:50 am

Hey All-

I found the storyboards I did for the "50 Years of Karting" museum display I was involved with. I tweaked them a little bit by removing the references to Sacramento, combined them all into one file and I'm making them available in PDF format for those of you who care to build a display when you show your kart.

I would only ask that you leave my byline in place.

Here's the link to download them:
http://download.yousendit.com/0ED8C2D230024718

You will need the free Adobe Acrobat PDF reader to open these files.

All the best,
Dean

ted johnson

Re: Kart display storyboards

Post by ted johnson » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:01 pm

Darn nice job, Dean! Thank you. Takes a lot of wind out of my sails to think that my Dad and I had some of the first machines off the Bug production line. Makes me realize that I'm getting up there. Thanks again - Ted

Dean Seavers
Vintage Karting items owned: '66 Chap, '61 Bug Stinger, '61 McCulloch R-1, '60 Go Kart 800, '60 Bug Wasp, '60 Weirdo

Post by Dean Seavers » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:00 pm

Thanks Ted, my pleasure! I'm glad to know that these might have a life outside of a 3 month museum display that happened a couple of years ago.

I'm sorta used to being the young guy in the hobbies I'm involved in, as most of my hobby friends tend to be 10-20 years older than me. At a meet a couple of years ago, I was talking to Vince about the future of all this stuff and he mentioned that he wished there was a museum to display all this stuff so it doesn't all go back inito the woodwork after the first generation karters pass away. I chirped up with "Well, I'll be around to help keep it going." and he shot back with "Deaner, you're not as young as you think you are." Ouch! :P

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:20 pm

A Vince "gotcha"! I think there is already a good beginning of a museum right in Lynn Haddock's place! Combine that with the stuff Vince and Ron C. have pigeonholed, and...Look out Smithsonian. TJ

Dean Seavers

Post by Dean Seavers » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:27 pm

Oops- I didn't realize that there was a 20 download limit to the link, so I made the file available for download on my web page.

http://www.geocities.com/voxnut/storyboards.html