Rick Brown

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Rob Voska

Rick Brown

Post by Rob Voska » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:17 pm

It is with a heavy heart to annouce that Rick Brown from Fort Wayne Indiana has passed away. Rick was one of the very first vintage karters that I met. Rick Brown and his wife Nancy were always a class act. They made it a family affair bringing the family and grandkids along as much as possible. Looking back it's hard to realize it's been over 20 years already. I met RIck through the Vintage Kart forum and seeing he was close by we scheduled a time & met at the Fremont kart track. This was a couple of years before The Big One and even before the first Fremont Fun Day. Rick and his friend Randy Sordelet were there bright and early on a damp Saturday morning. Like all gear heads we hit it off from the start. Rick had a beautifully restored Dart kart that ran very well. In the early days of vintage karting Rick was at quite a few events. Rick let me qualify his kart at Quincy the first year. It had twin 820's on it with tripple carbs. It ran flawless like his karts always did. I missed the call and listened to the message twice. Some things you just don't want to believe but the message was clear. The world lost a great guy and a lot of knowledge when RIck passed away.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/fo ... d=33940764

REAR

Re: Rick Brown

Post by REAR » Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:46 pm

Seeing this post really hurt. I share Rob's sentiments about Rick, he was a great guy from the first day I met him and he will be deeply missed. Weather running karts, talking drag racing, or even vintage motorbikes Rick always had a interesting story or a unique mechanical insight into most things piston powered along with just being a nice guy.

Condolences to Rick's wife Nancy and the rest of the Brown family.

Bob Kurkowski