Remember getting to the track this way?

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

dean kanocz
Vintage Karting items owned: Rupp, Fox, Hornet, Bug, McCulloch, Lee Kart, Macs, WB's, Power Products
User Agreement: Yes

Remember getting to the track this way?

Post by dean kanocz » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:35 am

We took a kart to a couple of car shows this weekend.

The kart got much of the attention.
Attachments
IMG_5489.jpg

dean kanocz
Vintage Karting items owned: Rupp, Fox, Hornet, Bug, McCulloch, Lee Kart, Macs, WB's, Power Products

Re: Remember getting to the track this way?

Post by dean kanocz » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:48 am

IMG_5487.jpg

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:27 am

Dean, we only drove a kart in a wagon one time. My '58 Bug dead axle in Mom's '57 Plymouth wagon from our place in West Melbourne, FL, to the old Tico airport South of Titusville. About 50 miles each way. We got there, drove the kart maybe ten minutes and got a flat rear tire. My Bud, Jerry and I pushed the kart well over a mile out the Tico road and down US-1 until we found a place that would let us use the phone. We had to wait an hour until Mom got back home. She was not best pleased that she had to turn around and drive the 50 miles back to T'vile to pick us up! It was probably a good thing that jerry was with me so I didn't get beheaded. Mom never took us karting again. :)
Hope you, Joe and Jen are well.
BTW, is the Olds a '65? We had a '64 330 sedan. Four barrel carb, and Mom was always spinning the tires. Ted

REAR

Post by REAR » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:33 pm

Dean,

Your Dad did the sport good because I know the quality of his cars and karts and it is always good to see the old iron out in the publics eye.

That picture also brought back a lot of memories because I remember a lot of racers used to haul out of a wagons down at the Dart Kart Speedway track when I was a young kid. I even use to haul with Buick 12 passenger wagons many moons ago when I was running modern karts.

Hope all is good with you guys and Thanks for the sharing the picture.

R.E.A.R.

dean kanocz

Post by dean kanocz » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:21 am

That must have been cool as hell to attend Dart Kart Speedway back in the day!

Yes, a 65 Olds F-85 wagon. 28,000 miles all original unrestored.