delete post please

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

Re: rupp chapparal engine mounting

Post by REAR » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:29 pm

A Rupp Chapparal did not come with a 'L' shaped tab for the unimount to bolt to, in stock form it is straight flat tab welded at the back of the frame crossbar. Is this what you currently have ?

Not real familiar with swing mounts but if you have the stock flat frame tab it would be better to modify the mount then the frame in case you find a unimount and want the original factory frame-mount set-up.

R.E.A.R.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:39 pm

Ya know, Bob, maybe I oughta be quiet in talking about Darts! They made too damn many models! Wait'll you see the beast Pruit and I are trying to conjure up. Ted

Rick Munoz
Vintage Karting items owned: Rupp Chapparel single engine
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Rick Munoz » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:23 pm

REAR wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:29 pm
A Rupp Chapparal did not come with a 'L' shaped tab for the unimount to bolt to, in stock form it is straight flat tab welded at the back of the frame crossbar. Is this what you currently have ?

Not real familiar with swing mounts but if you have the stock flat frame tab it would be better to modify the mount then the frame in case you find a unimount and want the original factory frame-mount set-up.

R.E.A.R. i have the unimount. i would like to run one of my briggs or tecumseh engines, instead of a 2 stroke like it came with.

Rick Munoz
Vintage Karting items owned: Rupp Chapparel single engine
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Rick Munoz » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:24 pm

Rick Munoz wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:23 pm
REAR wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:29 pm

R.E.A.R. i have the unimount. i would like to run one of my briggs or tecumseh engines, instead of a 2 stroke like it came with.

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:02 pm

DO NOT mount it solid. The vibration will break the welds.