Enlighten me!

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

ted johnson

Enlighten me!

Post by ted johnson » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:33 pm

Two guys tried circumnavigating the world on karts in the early sixties. Stan Mott did it, ending up with a Lambretta engine, but someone else tried as well. One of these guys began in Cali with an Mc10, and made it all the way to Cocoa, Florida before he stopped at Wyatt Enterprises and swapped the Mac for an AH81 or 82 Power Products. I remember he had less good fortune with the PP. I can't remember which guy was which. Can anybody else remember the second guy and what setup he used? One of them used an Echo kart. I remember one of their kart/trailer combos was Warm Morning and Edsel. :) Thanks. Ted

REAR

Re: Enlighten me!

Post by REAR » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:40 am

Seen the stories of these runs but never really followed them.

If you ever rode a hardtail motorcycle you will learn one thing real quick and you will realize those guys backs and ass had to be sore for months after one of those adventures.

R.E.A.R

ted johnson

Re: Enlighten me!

Post by ted johnson » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:49 am

Bob, Pop and I had been at Wyatts a week after the one guy had stopped to get the Mc10 switched out for the big Power Products. The guys there had told us that the Mc10 only needed a new piston and rings to get it back up to power. Now, THAT is amazing. I wonder how many of the primitive kinky chains they went through. I imagine their backs were also kinky! Anyhow both of them had cojones, and both were nutty! Ted