Kart Tracks in Mn

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

mike swaim
Vintage Karting items owned: None at the moment
User Agreement: Yes

Kart Tracks in Mn

Post by mike swaim » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:08 pm

I'm a newbee at karting (71!) and just trying to get one put together (Rupp chapparel with a Mac 91). I would like to know what if any tracks are close to Mineapolis/St Paul Mn? I'm looking for somewhere close to drive my kart. Of course I'm talking summer as its not quite the right weather here now!! Hopfuly there is somewhere to go. Thanks Mike Swaim

ted johnson

Re: Kart Tracks in Mn

Post by ted johnson » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:59 pm

Don't know how far you are from Circle Pines. Brian and Dottie Thomas are there, and are good vintage kart folks. You can email or PM them. Ted

mike swaim

Post by mike swaim » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:27 pm

Is there a email or contact number for them? Im not far from circle pines.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:08 pm

Mike, as long as you're a member here, go to:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=78
There is the contact info there for Brian and Dottie. I won't do them the disservice o listing their email here. You can also PM me here, and I will give you the number, Etc. Super nice people.
I know it's a long drive, but the tracks at Dousman and at Brodhead in Wisconsin are both worth visiting. I don't know if Dousman runs vintage, but Brodhead has the famous Sugar River Raceway where the old time Blackhawk karts came from. I've only run there one time, but the big names in vintage go to Brodhead. It is a really nice track.
If you ever come West, we run in November at the VERY nice, fast and smooth P1 Musselman Honda Circuit in Tucson, AZ. I have my super nice Photon kart that I CAD designed. Ted
Attachments
photon2.JPG
photon2.JPG (124.95 KiB) Viewed 2862 times

mike swaim

Post by mike swaim » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:56 pm

Thanks! With me just starting I'm not a racer just a retired guy who wants to have some fun. I looks like its about 300 + or - miles to the tracks you mentioned. I'll try to contact the Thomas' soon and see if they know of somewhere around here. When I was a kid you just went to a shopping center parking lot or a school on a sunday. The stores were closed and school was out! That was the early 60's! There was a track in Hastings Mn. just south of the cities where they held races on week ends. You sure dont know what you have till its gone to the past! I'm sure in the future I'll have more questions to post as I get into it. Thanks again.