Their coming for your kart next....

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

ted johnson

Re: Their coming for your kart next....

Post by ted johnson » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:19 pm

Of course, it won't mean anything to older folks like me, but I predict that gasoline/alky powered auto racing will be a thing of the past in ten to fifteen years. Have you ever bored yourself trying to watch the "formula e" electric racing? PURE BOREDOM! I'd rather find a bunch of possums and watch them race. California leads the pack, but New York isn't far behind. :shock: Ted

Mark Loraine
Vintage Karting items owned: ProX 77,McC R1,Bug Stinger Dual.
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Mark Loraine » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:49 pm

Isnt the by product of burning methanol just water vapor?

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:25 pm

Mark, two cycles put many other products into the air from burning our lubricants, and any performance enhancement additives. Believe you me, the a$$holes in the Cali legislature won't care, even if our by products are completely benign. They just want to get rid of our activities, and any activities that don't fit the liberal agenda. If VK were proven to be totally harmless, we still make noises that are offensive to the dems. We also use natural resources, and we kill trees to make our tires and tubes. These "people" will not be silent until they are gone, or until all drilling, mining and manufacturing is stopped. They will not be happy until everyone but they are walking to their destinations, since horses fart, and a horse can produce nearly 45.5 pounds of methane per year. Ted

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:51 pm

If you lay down they win. Throw a wrench in their works any way possible.

RESIST!

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:01 pm

You know me, Rob! I never lay down for anybody or anything. I may get beat, but I will fight any way I can. I hope the rest of the motorsports world will do the same. Even the big dogs like Formula 1 and NASCAR are knuckling under to the social/liberal pressures. I WILL NOT put batteries and an electric motor on my kart! Merry Christmas, Bud! Ted ;)