Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

Their coming for your kart next....

Post by REAR » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:31 pm

ted johnson

Re: Their coming for your kart next....

Post by ted johnson » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:50 pm

I have a better idea: strap the entire lib. party to Ernie Fisher's Hovey/Konig, wire the throttle wide open and aim it at a concrete wall.... Let 'er rip! RIP! TJ :twisted:

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:07 pm

Remember: if you do a negative review on the article, you must allow cookies, and they can then track you through the cookies. Be careful of how you disparage the libs! ;) TJ

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:10 pm

Great news. Scythe will be back in style and we have a lot of harvesting to do.

But we have tried to keep this site a politics free thread. It' shard when they have invaded every aspect of our lives.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:29 am

Sorry, Rob. They can tell me not to use the "N" word, they can outlaw my Southern symbols like my use of the Confederate flag on my NASCAR stocker, but when they tell me how to mow my lawn or cut down a tree, they are stepping on my toes. BTW, since NASCAR's decree, I haven't watched a single lap of a NASCAR race. Ted :evil:

REAR

Post by REAR » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:19 am

Remember, this is all financially driven, there are few if any enviroment concerns driving these restrictions.

If you look at the outdoor power equipment industry, they have been developing battery powered tools for a long time based on the premise that the tool would be 'handy' to use then along came this 'green' kick and that furthered a 'eco friendly' angle and now you have many industries unwilling to stand up and say "wait a minute" because they are now positioned to make huge profits off of new product lines. Notice also that they never address battery manufacturing and disposal issues which are massive.

The auto, motorcycle, hand tool, and even the karting industry is playing with batteries and I can tell you one thing, I am sure the karting industry and its numerous sanctioning squads will see dollar signs in their eyes like they always have since their inceptions and they will also welcome these restrictions with open arms.

Keep in mind also that karting can never have too many classes. :o

R.E.A.R.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:03 am

Sorry, Rob. I disagree. In the very early days, we already had too many classes. Events were forever being shortened because there wasn't enough time in a two day weekend for all the classes plus sufficient time for practice. We had to combine classes in order to fit them in an event. B, B Super, C and C Super were combined, Light and Heavy were combined, B Limited and B reed were put in one group. We had to eliminate qualifying and draw starting positions from a box. If modern karting wants electric motors, I couldn't care less. I no longer race. But if I DID race, I would not be pleased. Most of we vintage karters pay no attention to modern karting whatever. We're simply recalling the fun we had as younger guys and ladies. If states like California, NY, Illinois and other Lib states ban small I.C. two cycles, will we be forced to run four cycle engines with anti-pollution devices? I would hang my karts on the wall first. You already can't have a two cycle outboard in many areas. I'm in poor health, and may never get to run another event. Maybe that's a blessing looking forward! You and Bob have done a wonderful job. I would hate to see a field of "fart machines" at TBO! Ted

REAR

Post by REAR » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:40 am

Ted,

That was a joke meant to highlight the failure in karting to recognize that more is not better and the quest for the almighty buck has hurt the sport more then it has helped.

R.E.A.R.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:09 am

You are right, Sir! Merry Christmas to you and Bob!
I guess my experiences with Vintage have been positive, and not driven by money. I hear from some of my Eastern friends that this is not always the case. TBO, Tucson, Bakersfield, ETC, have treated us doggone well. Ron, Pruit, Dean, Larry, Bill P., me and the rest of us here have it good. Ted :D

REAR

Post by REAR » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:50 am

More delightful news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RZ3FuA7sa8

Start small and work your way up. Motorsports in general is in the crosshairs.

R.E.A.R.