2021 TBO Bonus Raffle

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

2021 TBO Bonus Raffle

Post by REAR » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:02 pm

This year we were graced with a very special offering for the Sunday 'Bonus' raffle of a N.O.S. Mc 91 from a gentlemen who would like to remain anonymous. This fellow has supported and made many donations to R.E.A.R. and TBO in the past and we would like to Thank him again for his generousity.

This years 'Bonus Raffle' winner of the Mc91 was Mike Morrall of Belvidere Illonois. Mike upon winning the engine presented it to his grandson Jadon who will make good use of it next year after running what seemed like a million laps at this years event.

The Motor

Mike and Jadon with their winnings.

Jadon out hotlapping.

Congratulations guys.

R.E.A.R.

Dick Teal
Vintage Karting items owned: 1959 Mak-Kart, 1960Fox 60L, 1961 Fox (2), 1962 Fox, 1963 Fox, 1964 Fox, Margay New Breed
User Agreement: Yes

Re: 2021 TBO Bonus Raffle

Post by Dick Teal » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:32 am

Jadon is quite the young driver. He put many laps on my 1961 Fox with a modified 820. His mom & dad and grandparents are longtime friends and have raised a great young man. Jadon made a special point to thank me for letting him run my kart. He said that that was the most fun he's had driving a kart. After about 20+ laps he was starting to turn fast lap times. We need more young kids like him for our sport.

Dick Teal

Al Hasenfratz
Vintage Karting items owned: Grand Prix Invader and a few more...

Post by Al Hasenfratz » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:37 pm

I concur with Mr. T. After a lapping session on track with Jadon we had a brief conversation. He did mention that driving the old karts were the most fun he's had in karting. Heck, me too! Nice young man, will be a complement to the sport.

Mike Morrall
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Fox

Post by Mike Morrall » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:14 pm

Thanks for the nice comments guys! We're pretty proud of him. He was super excited about the motor and the whole weekend. He just finished his season at Sugar River in Brodhead and won his class this year. Must take after Grandpa!

Thanks for letting him drive your karts Dick and Don - he had a blast!

And thanks to the TBO guys and the generous donor of the motor - and of course Grandpa!