MCP master cylinder "down arm"

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

ted johnson

MCP master cylinder "down arm"

Post by ted johnson » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:20 pm

MCP is making a "down arm" for its master cylinders. It means you can turn the master around so the fitting faces the front of the kart. If you clock the fitting on the master and caliper a little, you may now be able to get the master closer to the caliper. Call Brad at MCP. Ted

http://www.mcpbrake.com/
937-228-0370

Larry Brown
Vintage Karting items owned: Too many
User Agreement: Yes

Re: MCP master cylinder "down arm"

Post by Larry Brown » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:58 am

Ted - I made 2 of the down arms for my MCP master cylinders back about 10 years ago and showed them to Brad, and they liked them. Maybe that inspired them to add that to their line. It made their M/C look period correct and made them look similar to the Airhearts.

ted johnson

Re: MCP master cylinder "down arm"

Post by ted johnson » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:14 pm

Hi, Larry. I hope your Easter was a good one.
I had CAD modeled the down arm for the Airheart for my buddy, Charlie Craibe. We sent them to Waterjet in Albuquerque to make some for him. That made me think I should make them for the MCP. I called Brad to ask him about it, and he told me that they were making them already. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that your arms inspired MCP to make theirs. I see the dealers don't stock them, and that you have to call MCP about them. Brad is always a real help. I've made a number of the old Reed/GEM style mount adapters for the old karts that had other types of brake, and Charlie had me make some for his Fox and Go Kart 800. The trouble in using the old ones is that if you use a different disc and/or caliper from what the old plates were made for, the caliper-to-axle spacing is wrong. Some of us are using the MCP 712 disc and the Wilwood kart caliper, so I needed a different caliper location. Have a good week! Ted