Guidelines have gotten buried on the site

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Dean Seavers
Vintage Karting items owned: '66 Chap, '61 Bug Stinger, '61 McCulloch R-1, '60 Go Kart 800, '60 Bug Wasp, '60 Weirdo

Guidelines have gotten buried on the site

Post by Dean Seavers » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:14 pm

Hey Rob and Bob-

I had a friend ask me where he could find TBO/Rear guidelines, and I've just spent the last 10 minutes looking for them. It appears that they've gotten buried over the years. You may just want to post them as an announcement in the forum for new folks who want to attend your meet.

Hope all is well!

Dean

REAR

Re: Guidelines have gotten buried on the site

Post by REAR » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:04 pm

Dean,

Thanks for the heads up.

Our motto at R.E.A.R. is 'Run Em The Way They Ran Em' and that is what we try to replicate at THE BIG ONE, the formative years of Karting using accurate representations of early American racing karts. Period or era correct components are highly advised and should be used whenever possible.

Listed below is a simple rule set that the karts and the drivers need to conform to at THE BIG ONE.

#1 Any American made production kart up to 1972 [home built or repo replica also allowed] in a rear engine configuration only.
ABSOLUTELY NO modern sidewinder style karts allowed.

#2 American made 'fan cooled' 2 cycle engines only, any mods, any fuel. 100cc, 135cc, and Dual configurations allowed

#3 Skinny hard tube type tires only preferably on era correct wheels, ABSOLUTELY NO modern sticky ballon style tires.

#4 Full face helmet, eye protection, long pants, abrasive resistent jacket, closed toe shoes, protective gloves, and neck collar must be worn at all times when on track.

#5 All steering and brake components must be safety wired.

#6 If it is not listed here....DON'T BRING IT.

R.E.A.R.