Jace Valve....what ?

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Post Reply
Posts: 850
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:19 am

Jace Valve....what ?

Post by REAR » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:46 am

So I'm putting together a McCulloch 91 for the first time in about 5 years and I had to go digging thru the shop looking for all my related tools, gaskets, bearings, seals, etc. and what I found besides a cluster of pieces everywhere was a old receipt along with some other paperwork that must of come in a buy-out from probably over 20 years ago.

The receipt was from McCulloch Distributors or 'Mac Obsolete' as many called them and there was a item listed that I never heard of on the receipt. The item was a 'Jace' valve. At first I wasn't sure what it might be, maybe a saw part but then I found a description sheet in with some other paper work.

Seems that this 'Jace' valve as McCulloch called it operates similar to what we refer to as a 'Duckbill', or as McCulloch calls it out in the ipls, a check valve, one way valve. Not sure what the actual shape or configuration of this valve is however since I never seen actually seen one.

So the moral of the story is, you can learn something new everyday and I need to go through and sort through all my motor parts and pieces and get things better organized.



Merry Christmas....R.E.A.R.

roger santee
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:58 am

Re: Jace Valve....what ?

Post by roger santee » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:04 pm

I've never seen one but I'm sure Richie Engles knows of them.

Rob Voska
Posts: 1460
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:04 am

Re: Jace Valve....what ?

Post by Rob Voska » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:49 pm

$15.50 for ONE back then it must have been something......

Post Reply