50 Ans de Karting by Fabrice Connen & Ja....

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Jeff Campbell
Site Admin
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Fox Go-Boy MC20's
Robron Chaparral dual MC101
Margay Cheetah MKIII

50 Ans de Karting by Fabrice Connen & Ja....

Post by Jeff Campbell » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:33 pm

... I saw this book out at Adams (I think Faye had it in her pit area), I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy it in the US, or do I need to buy it online from a seller in Europe? (I already checked online with Amazon and similar places, didnt' see it)

Jeff

50 Ans de Karting (50 Years of Karting)
by Fabrice Connen & Jacky Foulatier
Hardcover, Published 2007
ISBN-10: 2953108300
ISBN-13: 9782953108309

Hardback/Softback: Hardback
Size/Duration: 320mm x 256mm
Number of Pages: 324
Illustrations: Colour and Black/White

This unique book in French and English is the first complete history of karting, and retraces the story from Art Ingels' first kart in 1956 to the 2007 World Championship in 324 pages and almost 600 photos plus eyewitness reports from its main protagonists. It also contains a full results section of all the World Championship events since its creation in 1963. The preface is written by Fernando Alonso, one of many F1 stars to have begun their careers in karting.

Chapter Headings: Preface, 1 The Pioneers, 2 Conquering Europe, 3 Battle at the Top, 4 Wilson, Senna, Rotax & Co, 5 Reaping the Rewards of Glory, Results.

scottwigginton

Re: 50 Ans de Karting by Fabrice Connen & Ja....

Post by scottwigginton » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:08 pm

Hi Jeff,

I did a bit of reasearch on the book last week.I found a copy on Amazon UK but they would'nt ship to the U.S.It was used and was 24lbs.I talked to Tommy Pierson to find out were Faye got it and he did'nt know but said that she was going to look into were these books can be bought and get back to me.I copied all the info. about the book too at Adams.I have tried all the big chain book stores around here but no luck other then the U.K.

It is a nice book simular to the 40 years of karting but not put out by Birel or any other kart manufacture.

Scott

Jeff Campbell
Site Admin
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Fox Go-Boy MC20's
Robron Chaparral dual MC101
Margay Cheetah MKIII

Post by Jeff Campbell » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:43 am

Scott,
I did see that Karting Magazine in the UK sells it on their website, and there is a neat promo video of the book there also. Karting Magazine as many of you know, ran an article on TBO several years ago and has been quite active in following vintage karting. It looks like they do shippments to US, I might try ordering there later today, if I have an issue, I will post it here.

It's not going to be a cheap book to buy, especially due to the current exchange rate (ouch!!).

Jeff

link to book page at Karting Magazine:
http://www.kartingmagazine.com/shop/Pro ... 136&GID=13

Dan Flanders
Vintage Karting items owned: Pimped out Yerf-Dog with 22" spinners
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Dan Flanders » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:40 pm

I second Scott's recommendation for the Birel book. Very interesting read and a lot great stories and pictures.

Does anyone have the latest issue of Karting Magazine? I am interested in the article on the Tecno kart. Could someone scan and send me just those pages... I know I should just get a subscription but like Jeff said, the exchange rate is really a bummer right now.

Dan