TBO Friday Move In

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

TBO Friday Move In

Post by REAR » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:11 am

We will be allowing trucks-trailers to be moved on to the grounds after 11:00 am on Friday morning.

Please DO NOT try to pull your trailer or truck into the pits early, you will be asked to remove your vehicle until you are shown where to park.

Please DO NOT pull in double wide in driveway or block the street. We need to have access for event support vehicles prior to allowing trailer parking.

We would like everyone's cooperation while parking so please be patient and lets all work together because we do not want to be forced to start charging for reserve parking like some shady promoters do.

Once again this year we will be making everyone who shows up on Friday purchase a weekend two day, single day or Friday only Pit Pass or drivers pass before you are allowed entry to the property.

A one day Driver or Pit Pass will be good for both Friday move in and Saturday activities. A two day Driver or two day Pit Pass will be good for Friday move in, Saturday, and Sunday activities. Everyone on the grounds is required to have a Pit Pass, you must purchase a Pit Pass even if you are only on the grounds on Friday only. There will be no exceptions, these are track rules which we must follow.

Drive safe, see you in a few days...THE BIG ONE !

R.E.A.R.

Chris Taylor
Vintage Karting items owned: 1964 Rupp Grand A
MC91
User Agreement: Yes

Re: TBO Friday Move In

Post by Chris Taylor » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:48 pm

Hello,
How late will we be able to get in the gate on Friday night? Trying to decide for Friday night arrival or early Saturday morning.
Thanks

REAR

Post by REAR » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Chris,

We should be at the track at least till 5:00 on Friday. If you come in on Friday please do not unhook your trailer, we will get you a pit-parking space Saturday morning.

Drive careful.

R.E.A.R.

Mike Anderson
Vintage Karting items owned: SAE karts (2)
Rathman xterminator (3)
margay cheetah dual (1)
Blackstone Special (1)

Post by Mike Anderson » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:25 am

Morning Guy's and Gals,
I am afraid we will not make it again this year. Some of my cousins chose this as a family reunion time so we will be involved in that. Also mourning the loss of our barn cat Sam. Been a bad year for pets, lost AJ5 our Australian shepherd in July not the cat. Looks like you will have nice weather so have a great time and be safe. Hope to see you soon.
Later Mike

REAR

Post by REAR » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:15 pm

Mike,

Sorry to hear you and Kathy won't be making it out. Family first always.

Pets are family too. Hang in there.

Bob

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:51 pm

Hi, all. I hope you are having a great time at Fremont. I miss you all. I just went out in the hot shop and bolted the carbs onto the Photon's 610. I put them on as a single unit with the Hartman throttle gears meshed, as it is a PITA to mesh the gears when installing the carbs separately. I bolted the rock guard temporarily in place to hold the carbs together while I installed them. I have a 7/16" thin ignition wrench that lets me tighten the nuts and clear the nylon gears. Wouldn't you know I broke the tip off the wrench. It's a real bear getting in there with a standard wrench, but the nuts are tight. Got to hook up the throttle, hoses and install the rock guard, and she's ready for Tucson in early November. You all are invited! Ted

Mike Anderson
Rathman xterminator (3)
margay cheetah dual (1)
Blackstone Special (1)

Post by Mike Anderson » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:36 am

How did everything go at the meet? Hope everyone had a fun and safe event. Also hope more newly saved vintage karts showed up. See everyone soon.
Later Mike

REAR

Post by REAR » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:09 pm

Mike,

Had another safe event with a great turn out.

Weather was perfect on Saturday but the rain came about noon on Sunday but the track was packed on Saturday with guys running their karts. We did get to run Sunday morning then had lunch.

Some of the regulars didn't make it out but we did have some new people show up, parking was at a premium. Overall a great crowd who know how to enjoy old go-karts.

R.E.A.R.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:45 pm

Glad you guys and ladies had a good time. I sure wish I could see the Fremont bunch again, but I just don't have the strength nor the cash for the long trip.
Out working on the carb install on the 610. I'm making a choke/dirt excluder device to slip in between the rock guard spacers.
Cubel ran the twin World Formula kart this weekend. He says that with William Herr on board, it's only four seconds slower than the good shifters on the three mile Wilcox road course. Pretty quick. Ted

Mike Anderson
Rathman xterminator (3)
margay cheetah dual (1)
Blackstone Special (1)

Post by Mike Anderson » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:22 pm

Glad to see everyone had a great time. Brad and Jake with their Xterminator and Blitz called this morning and told be how great you all were to them. Nice to see more folks enjoying the old karts and you all helping them.
Thanks Mike