Tucson vintage play days November 1,2 and 3rd 2019

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

dean kanocz
Vintage Karting items owned: Rupp, Fox, Hornet, Bug, McCulloch, Lee Kart, Macs, WB's, Power Products
User Agreement: Yes

Tucson vintage play days November 1,2 and 3rd 2019

Post by dean kanocz » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:02 pm

The 4th annual Tucson Vintage Play Days will be November 1,2 and 3rd 2019.

All are welcome. Drivers 35.00 per day, pit pass for all spectators 10.00 per day.

Plenty of track time with your buddies on a great, smooth and wide track. We run a portion of the track due to its size.
3 covered grids, covered eating area, real flush toilet restrooms.

There is drone footage of us running under the lights on You tube under TMR racers.

Kart show, raffle and complimentary BBQ Saturday.

Hope to see you there.

dean kanocz
Vintage Karting items owned: Rupp, Fox, Hornet, Bug, McCulloch, Lee Kart, Macs, WB's, Power Products

Re: Tucson vintage play days November 1,2 and 3rd 2019

Post by dean kanocz » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:49 am

Tucson Vintage Play Days are less than 2 months away.

Camping is permitted.

Plenty of affordable hotels on Tucson Blvd.

See attached pic of track- facility.

Hope to see you there.
Attachments
track-1-1024x508.jpg

dean kanocz

Post by dean kanocz » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:26 am

Tucson Vintage Playdays November 1, 2 and 3rd are less than a month away!!!!!!!

Hope to see you there!!!!!!!!

dean kanocz

Post by dean kanocz » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:16 am

Tucson Vintage Playdays are the end of this week.

Hope to see you there!

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:24 pm

Bob left Sunday morning. He's heading your way.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:33 pm

I ain't seen either of you buzzards since 2015. It'll be good to see at least ONE of you! Ted

Larry Brown
Vintage Karting items owned: Too many

Post by Larry Brown » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:12 pm

Tucson vintage play days event wound down yesterday after two full days of activity. For all of those who did not attend, you missed a great event and turnout.
Dean Kanocz, event coordinator, and his wife Jennifer deserve a HUGE thank you from all of those who attended this well run event. The kart show, raffle and barbeque were excellent. Dean prepared three different smoked meats, beans, and other dishes and desserts supplied by family and friends. His entire family helped Dean make this so successful, and run smoothly.

Dean had recently suffered a back injury which sidelined from driving his karts, but he still put all of his energy into running the program.

We had entries from Arizona, California, Idaho, Ohio ( Bob Kurkoski ), and Washington.

Put this on your calendar for next year, as it promises to be even better.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:26 pm

I'm 100% with Larry on this one. I was sore and stiff, didn't get in a lot of laps, but we had a ball, and Dean's BBQ'ing is masterful! I haven't even got the kart out of the trailer. Back is hurting. Thanks, Dean, Jennifer, Joe, Bill, Terry, John Greaves all the way from Idaho, Bob Kurkowski all the way from Ohio and our intrepid California bunch. A more decent group you could not find anywhere. Terry spent a lot of time driving, tuning and rebuilding the clutch on my Photon. The upshot is that it now runs waaaay better than it did before. Thank you Terry! Ted

dean kanocz

Post by dean kanocz » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:36 am

Thank you Larry and Ted for the kind words.

Congrats to both of you on your kart show wins.

REAR

Post by REAR » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:08 am

Got out to Tuscon this year and I sure hope I can make it back next year. Dean, his wife Jennifer, and his father Joe put on one hell of a meet. I had a blast guys and Thank You so much for all your efforts, I know what goes into one of these meets and you guys went above and beyond.

Was great to see Terry Ives, Vince Hughes, and Teddy Johnson again and to finally meet Bill Pryor, Larry Brown, John Greaves, and Pruitt Ginsberg and his wife Yolonda.

Last but not least I have to Thank Ron and Sue Cubel for putting up with me for close to 2 weeks with your wonderful hospitality for allowing me to stay in your home and letting me run your kart. You guys really made this a very memorable experience and I can't Thank You enough for it.

Bob Kurkowski