New member trying to identify Rupp kart

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Rick majka
Vintage Karting items owned: 1960’s Rupp
User Agreement: Yes

New member trying to identify Rupp kart

Post by Rick majka » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:15 pm

I have an old kart I raced around my backyard years ago as a child. It’s been on the shelf for years and I finally decided to research it and see exactly what it is. I was very surprised to find that it had a Rupp tag on the front number plate. It came from my friends dad that raced them back in the day. It’s been fixed and welded on. I would like to find the year and model and some info on it. If there’s any parts suppliers. Tires, sprockets, seat covers etc. or if there’s any vintage parts still available. Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it. I had years of fun on this cart as a child and I’d like to return it to its former glory. Thanks for adding me as a member and for any. Help I can receive. Rick m. From Western new york
Attachments
20190124_101229.jpg
74A3B318-A44D-428E-B95B-5A7B04EBA2C5.jpeg
Last edited by Rick majka on Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

REAR

Re: New member trying to identify Rupp kart

Post by REAR » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:20 pm

Rick,

First of all, Welcome aboard .

Looks like you have a Rupp A-Bone with the very desirable 7qt. fuel tank, Rupp front wheels and Margay rear wheels. Frame looks kind of cobbled up with that strange side mount or whatever it is but that can always be cut off and the correct style of mount can be sourced along with most of the other parts you will need.

Being from western New York, your in luck since there is a good group of guys in that area who are heavily into historical rear engine karts. The guys from that area run up at the track in Avon New York so you will need to get up there May 30th and 31st.

The Parts and Resource section of this web site can direct you many of the parts you need. Azuza Engineering will have tires, sprocket carriers, steering wheels, sprockets., tie rods, etc,

There is fellow named Mike Schlager in Buffalo who is the go to guy for Rupp upholstery. Mike is also in the Parts and Resource section.

Last but not least stop back and ask questions. We have the best in Historical karting from coast to coast right here and everybody is always willing to help answer your questions to help get your kart back on the track.

R.E.A.R

Rick majka
Vintage Karting items owned: 1960’s Rupp
User Agreement: Yes

Re: New member trying to identify Rupp kart

Post by Rick majka » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:17 pm

Thanks for the welcome! I'm excited to make some contacts and get some parts found. I will be soon removing the old un necessary engine mount. Anyone with info or help feel free to email me rickmajka@yahoo.com ot text 716 952 7287